Haven't been laid in 3 years

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SolidRanger, Dec 14, 2009.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Hey everyone. Well long story short I'm 23 and I haven't gotten laid in 3 years now. 3 years back I was doing pretty good with the ladies. I got into a 6 month relationship with a girl who I honestly loved, but she dumped me. She would later tell me the real reason was because she wanted to get married ASAP and I always said I wanted to wait until I was atleast 25.

I did not take this very well, her being the only girl I ever loved. Especially since she immediately started dating another guy (after saying she wasn't ready for a serious relationship) and they quickly got engaged. So I got into a really deep funk, stopped being sociable, gained weight, etc etc. I did have one girl I saw for a little while, but she was intolerably stupid so I basically just used the shit of her to get laid and then dumped her.

So I decided to take some "me time". And that's where I've been ever sense. I still feel like shit, I'm still fat. I haven't gone out on a date or so much as kissed a girl in the past 3 years...and I go to college!

I really don't know what to do. I haven't gotten to know any girl that I am interested in or get to know well enough to call a friend. I spend most of my time at home by myself and occasionally hang out with my friends. I want to get back to being sociable and attract women, but I'm so deep in this rut I don't know how to get back out.

Advice?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

"I've tried nothing, and am all out of ideas!"

Get in shape. Talk to women

3. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Already working on getting in shape, but it's really hard to get to the gym when there's 6 inches of snow on the ground and with my schedule its really hard to stick to eating right. Any tips in that area would be appreciated.

As far as talking to women, I mean how? What do I talk about? Seriously I never know what to talk about to women, especially women I don't know

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You're talking to a Canadian, I went to the gym while it rained slush with 6 inches of snow on the ground. My tip would be man up and quit making excuses.

As for talking to women... Take attraction out of the equation, talk to them like a person, get comfortable around them.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

This is why "work on yourself before dating" is for retards. Dating IS working on yourself. Do what Xapum said.

6. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

learn to make better use of your mind and less of your mouth. talk is cheap when the story is good

7. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

[y]obdd31Q9PqA[/y]

But yeah, get to the gym and get in shape, thats gonna be the biggest thing that will help you out in the end.

8. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

When I talk to women I don't think about attracting them. Anymore I am not interested in a girl until I get to know her and like her personality.

But even just casually, even with chicks I don't really know, I find it hard to come up with shit worth talking about, especially if she's not contributing to the conversation.

What would I talk to them about? Sports? Video Games? Metal music? Girls don't give a shit about any of those things, in fact they probably think being a gamer and liking music is weird.

9. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

I like this advice. I don't like it when I feel the guy is trying hard.

you can ask them about their interests and see if you have anything to say about those or if you have anything in common. :dunno:

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Talk to them about all that stuff. Talk more to the ones who are receptive. You seem to forget girl have hobbies too

11. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

LOL so when I run into a girl I want to get to know I should just ask her what shes interested in? That seems really awkward. I'd rather not get maced.

I can just imagine walking up to a girl at a club and saying "Hello I'm so and so, what are your interests?". I know I'd get that "what a freak" look.

12. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You seem to be wanting us to tell you literally what to say... We can't

Talk to them like a guy (take the attraction outof it), lots of girls like sports, music, they even go out on weekends, and have their own stories to tell

13. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:hsugh: well you asked if you should talk about your interests, I said start with their interests. What is so awkward about that? I didn't mean go and say: "hello, what are you interested in?" depends on where you approach a girl you can choose the first lines that you are gonna say as starter.

14. dm

dm New Member

Craigslist WFM erotic section...........

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm learning this right now actually. Wished I would've started with the social thing instead of putting it off.

However, I do believe there is a certain base level of self improvement you should do before dating.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

That's interesting, is that how you are?

I think interesting topics are a trap. The point of the conversation is not the topic. The point is you and the girl escalating the interaction.

17. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Bingo. This takes practice. My advice is to #1 start putting yourself in social environments where you will meet NEW members of the opposite sex. From there, gain confidence by simply talking to girls. Chances are you're going to suck at it at first if you're all nervous and shit, so talk to girls who you DON'T really find attractive, since it won't matter if they shut you down. If you don't find them attractive, chances are few other people do, so they will probably just be thankful that a guy is talking to them, so you'll get some good practice. From there, take conversations as they come and try to give yourself tips, as in what works and what doesn't. Build up your confidence and try talking to more attractive girls, and then repeat. If you're doing this and working on your image, your confidence should be way up and hopefully in no time you'll be knee deep in pussy. Remember, a female is only a PERSON...some guys make wayyyy too much of talking to them. You've asked for help, and like other guys have said, NOW USE IT. Stop making excuses and go do what we're telling you.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

...he needs to learn how to interact with people. Generic conversation topics will work.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

right, sorry. just wanted to make it clear that the point of the conversation wasn't the bloody topic... any topic will do, like you said. talk until you're comfortable talking with womenz.

20. fray

fray New Member

Drop your preconceived notions and you'll be a step ahead. I'm
    sitting here playing dragon age right now, so don't assume we all just "don't like that sort of thing".

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I recommend you join some sort of local co-ed sports team or club of some sort. You clearly need to start at square 1 and figure out how to even hold a conversation with a woman.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

DragonAge seems pretty good. Haven't got that far into it. Seems a bit more closed-ended than I'd like, but the upside is that the narrative is quite strong and after all there are 6 variants.

23. Fusion

Fusion OTSS FTW OT Supporter

Go to a bar?

Picking up girls isn't rocket science. Talk to them, so the first few will turn you down move on to the next one.

24. fray

fray New Member

It's very chatty, worse at the beginning. Pretty entertaining though. It will pass the time until mass effect 2 comes out.

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

OP take note of how he started a conversation about video games with a girl. And the girls hot too. It really isn't rocket science, some girls will be receptive to conversations, some won't be. Find the ones that are by talking to all of them