Haven't been called back yet

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RetroEvolute, Dec 22, 2008.

1. RetroEvolute

RetroEvolute 404 Not Found OT Supporter

It's been two days.

Let me explain:

Oh, and this is my first Vag post. :wavey: But I've been reading, don't worry!

--Sorry this is pretty long, but the length is provided to better explain our relationship's background (or lack thereof).

There's a cute girl in my physics class and I almost noticed her immediately (partly because it's an engineering class and there aren't a lot of girls to begin with, but also because she really is :drool:. Definitely the best looking girl in the class). Well, I didn't really make any attempts at her immediately. Just took the the class like I normally was and didn't really even pay attention to the fact that she was there.

Turned out she was in my lab section. Still 30-40 people, but you work in groups. Needless to say, I caught her attention [most engineering guys are pretty piss-poor with chicks, so I stood out (not to brag :x:)]. I caught her laughing at jokes I made/ repeating things I said even when she was in a different lab group at a different table. I'd make comments to her occasionally as I'd leave class and stuff, but never threw myself at her.

After lecture the other day (towards the end of the semester) I caught her 'stretching' and looking back at me. When I turned to look, she snapped back real quick. Bit later, the same thing, except she smiled and then continued on. I decided then that I'd get her number after class. I finished a paper that everyone had to do and turned it in and left the classroom. I waited maybe 30 seconds outside the lecture hall until she came out and surprised her.

I said, "Hey. I realized during class that I wanted to get your number, but then I also realized that I don't even know your name."

She was obviously into me, walked very closely/leaned into me. She said her name was Danielle, and she she asked me what my name was (I was glad she didn't know my name, either, because I would've seemed like quite the ass otherwise).

I got her number and I told her I'd try and call her but that I wasn't sure when I'd get around to it with finals week coming up and everything (two weeks left in the semester).

The weekend following I already had plans and a ticket to a concert (in another city), so I wouldn't be able to do anything with her. So, I went on through finals week stressed as hell of course, studying, and after my last final, I called her.

But got the message machine.

I left a message basically saying I'd like to do something, that I'd be around this weekend, but after that I'd be going to see my family for another week or so and that if she was going to be in town this break (asked) that we could do something then if not this weekend.

-Cliffs: I got a cute girl's number and I left her a message about a week and a half later telling her where I was gonna be when so she should call me back w/ what's up.

--

Well, two days later I've not gotten a call back. I'm not sure if she's just nervous (I'm kind of a big deal :cool::rofl:) or if maybe she's just really busy or something.

Needless to say, I'm here to request the Vag's advice.

My current plan: Wait another week or so until a few days after Christmas and see if she's called. If not, I'll give her one more try, and if I get the machine again, I'll leave a nice, cocky, asshole sort of message (but not mean/angry asshole, playful-esque) and see how things go.

Just kinda curious why she wouldn't have called back yet
    . I know when people leave me a message, especially a potential date, I'll call them back at least by the next night. Just seems odd as she seemed pretty into me last I saw her.

Thanks guys.

2. prototism

prototism Guest

All I can say is be patient. She definitely seems into you.

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Girls have all sorts of weird ways of weening guys out.

Maybe she's secretly stalking you before she starts a date :noes:
    or maybe she's too busy and with family.

Whatever it is, just be patient and wait. It's the holidays after all and people are pretty busy.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

haven't read your post yet

that said, why would you ever put yourself in the passive position of waiting for a phone call?

men take action

5. knucks

knucks Active Member

I say just wait it out and give her a call after the holidays :dunno:

Do you two live close to each other?

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I 2nd this advice.

Just don't call too often or you'll seem desperate.

7. RetroEvolute

Hm. Not a bad point.

I should've left in the message that I'd try her again later. :bigthumb:

Beyond that there's not a whole lot you can do when leaving a message.. :hs:

No clue where she lives.. During the semester, we probably live close, since Manhattan's pretty small. Now that it's break, she could be easily hours away.

:x:

:noes: I don't think she even knows my last name.. Unless she talked to other people from class.

8. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

you sure shes not just a tease?

i was at a bar with this one chick and there was a dude that she semi-knew

she was talking to him, like these "in depth" conversations, and he asked for her number, she gave it to him like no problem, but he started calling/texting her and she was like.. what the fuck this dude is calling me asking to hang out and shit

9. RetroEvolute

I know it's always iffy when a girl gives her number out because most girls will, even just to be nice. But, I'm fairly certain she at least was interested in me. Caught plenty of instances when she showed signs of interest. After I smiled at her when I caught her looking at me in lecture, she took off her winter cap she was wearing (which was still really cute) and played with/ prepped her hair.

Plus laughing at jokes and repeating things I said in lab are a dead giveaway.

Also, that guy having "in depth" conversations with a girl probably nearly knocked him into the friend zone immediately. Girls don't want to talk at first, they want excitement. Wait a little while til they're into you and then you can get a little boring. Just natural progression. :dunno:

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

she has low interest in you

you killed the mystery for her with the content of your message

you communicated that you are just as boring and uninteresting as every other guy she gives her number to

instead of differentiating yourself from these other guys, you confirmed for her you are no different and it killed her interest immediately

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

how the fuck can you come up with this after leaving that horrible message?

How to leave a message for dummies:

"Hey this is Yail. Give me a call."

OR

"Hey this is Yail. I've got something I need to discuss with you. Give me a call."

THAT'S IT AND THAT'S ALL. DO NOT EXPLAIN WHY YOU NEED TO TALK TO HER. DO NOT EXPLAIN YOURSELF AT ALL. SHE'S KNOWS WHY YOU ARE CALLING. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T ALLUDE TO "DOING SOMETHING."

What the fuck sounds more boring than getting together and "doing something?" What the fuck does that even mean? I honestly think you would get a better response from leaving her a message to call you back so you can set up a time to give her the high hard one.

12. RetroEvolute

Thank you for that. Seriously.

That makes complete sense.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:cool:

You are the man. You are expected to have the plan. :)

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Your voicemail should have been a copy of "the most doucheiest voicemail ever" (or whatever that was called) where that guy was like:

"hey, it's me again. I don't know what your problem is that you haven't called me back. I'm attractive, I have a good job, and you are easily replaceable, so call me back. Tell you what, I will give you 2 days to call me back. If you don't, forget it. Maybe you lost my number. Here it is again. But don't call me back if you have are on psychiatric medicines or see a shrink. So call me back within 48 hours or I am deleting your number."

:rofl:

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

oh but seriously, dude it's almost Christmas time. She's probably busy with her family.

16. RetroEvolute

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I don't get a call back, I would be completely willing to send something like that. I've nothing to loose! :x:

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

or you could NOT be a douche, and carry on with your life, no big deal, if she doesn't call back.

18. RetroEvolute

Why so serious?

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Let's put a smile on that face.