SRS have you forgiven your ex

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onslaught61, Dec 10, 2006.

1. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

if they have cheated on you?
    My ex never thought she would be capable of cheating, and she fell short of that. We were in a long distance relationship and of course it wouldn't have worked out no matter how much i loved her or she loved me. i forgave her but i know it won't work out and i will never forget what she did.
    have you been able to forgive and accept? is there anything else to do except move on and live my life again?

2. Brian May

Brian May New Member

i was in the same situation. she was a lying whore that fucked almost every guy she came in contact with. i foolishly forgave her and she did it again. Lesson learned, my balls grew bigger and I moved on. It took a good 2 years for me to get over it because of how vindictive she was about the whole thing and I felt that I didn't deserve it.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I forgave her but didn't take her back.

4. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

No and I will NEVER WILL. EVER.

5. Akumasun

Akumasun Follow the Light.

Once its done it can happen again why would you subject yourself to that shit when you can get another girl who would not do that to you?

Its not about love or all that shit she says she can change...

Fuck change she or he should never have done it in the first place.

No tolerance for stupid fucking people.

6. Brian May

Brian May New Member

It happened almost 6 years ago. I was a lot younger, very stupid, insecure and inexperienced. I was cheated on again a few years later by another woman but after I found out, I completely cut her off from my life. She wasn't aware that I knew what she was doing behind my back. One day out of the blue I changed my cell # and deleted my email account, never heard from her again. Getting over her was easy.

Cutting a person like that from your life is the best remedy. I keep telling my friends this whenever they get fucked over by friends or ex's. It helps the healing process move along that much quicker. If I had only known that 6 years ago, I would been over that stupid cunt sooner and not had all the baggage to carry around.

7. johan

johan Active Member

You do both. You forgive AND you move on.

The cheating is sympotmatic of a need for something else.

That relationship is over, and not just because of the cheating. Because of everything else between you two, which led to the cheating.

People often misunderstand this point and try to forgive the "cheating" as is its an isolated incident, without meaning or connection to everything else going on between them.

Odd isn't it?

Anyways, you eventually forgive that person because you realize that

1) you also played a part in the breakdown of the relationship,
    2) because you've grown up and realize forgiveness is good for the soul, hers and especially YOURS
    3) because you love her, and want her to be happy even if she's no longer with you. That's what a man does. Just the opposite from a pissy little bitch.

And of course, you move on because you have to. That relationship no longer works.

Rarely it could happen that you meet up again later in life, and because you've both matured as people, rediscover each other.

If that's meant to happen for you, it will. Don't spend time thinking about that possibility. It's better to get on with your life, and learn the lessons you were meant to learn.

You'll meet her again if it's meant to happen. Life takes care of itself, oddly enough.

8. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

^ exactly what i did and still trying to do. as much as i didn't want to let go i knew i had to and now i'm trying to get my shit back together again.

it's still interesting to think about the future, what may potentially happen between us though...because i know she is still going to be in my life and im still going to be with hers.

9. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

exactly. don't trust a girl if she says she will change, she's not going to despite what she wants.