have you ever...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nomad, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

talked down to/told off an ex/fling/fuckbuddy that you no longer held any feelings for (after several months of being broken up) just to make yourself feel better?

just curious?

example scenario - after many months of agonizing over your ex and feeling depressed you two agree to meet up for whatever reason (dont argue against it) and in the process of you two hanging out, you tell your ex how you felt, how shitty of a person they were, how they broke your heart and they're evil, etc. etc. ditto ditto. and after its all said in done feel like you have closure/feel good about yourself and your whole outlook on your dating/social life looks a little brighter.

edit - to clarify; the telling him/her off ultimately is to make yourself feel better about the two of you breaking up.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. THoC

THoC New Member

yes and no. i didnt do it to make myself feel better.

ex wife tried to rip me off of escrot check from sale of house. they mailed it to her but my name was the first on it so her bank would not cash it.

she sends it to me saying "sign it, mail it back to me, and ill send you half".
    she mails it to me. i see my name on it first. i cash it and send her half the amount.
    she goes off on me saying she deserved all of it.

i ask her why and she says "you are an asshole and stubborn. youre so stubborn you will end up dead just like your dad" (he died a month prior to this).

this is the one and ONLY time i have ever laid relentlessly into any one.

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

i guess what i was aiming at was to make yourself feel better about the breakup and everything

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

First things first, great username :bowdown:

Now, I only have one ex that I have bad feelings toward (the "psycho ex," manipulative whore bitch) but I never told her off after the fact, altho we did have a long chat online one day and she was trying to play her manipulation games and I basically told her there was never any chance of us ever getting together again, ever, and then she started getting uppity so I signed off, but that's the closest I've ever come.

I'm better than her, though, so it's not even worth my time to tell her off.

All my other exes, I wish nothing but good things for them. I'd have no reason to tell them off.

5. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

6. THoC

THoC New Member

oh, my bad. then, no.

7. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

wow, i must be a complete asshole then :rofl:

8. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

Real men shouldn't need that kind of validation.

9. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

god damn the things woman will say... I would have done the same fucking thing. :hsd:

and yeah i did it, but this was after we got BACK together. we both had a lot of resentment at the time and just let our words fly. it felt damn good and it also let me see how much i didn't care for the relationship anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  10. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Absolutely not. First off, that would involve talking to the ex, which is something I don't do. Second, I don't feel better about myself when I treat others badly, I feel worse.

11. Pepe

Pepe New Member

i never understood why people think someone else is a horrible person simply because they don't want to be involved romantically with them anymore........?

i've had two exes do something like this to me. weren't horrible breakups or relationships, just didn't work out and i was honest with them, yet i'm the horrible person, really? (sometimes i wonder if they would rather have had me lie and cheat on them)

if something went down that was shady, you should call them on it when it happens or when you find out. don't hold all of your aggression inside and then blow up at some later point, you will look like a pussy and prove to them that you are in fact a fucking tool. but simply because the relationship didn't work out and you are butthurt doesn't mean you should rip someone a new ass to selfishly make your pathetic ego feel better.

12. Reign

Reign Banned

Yes, and with the exception of one person, it has always made me feel better.

Then again, I'm a vindictive S.o.B.

13. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I ditto this sentiment. I mean, okay, so things didn't work out. I mean, unless the person pulled something horrendous, like cheating or lying about something significant (we all tell little white lies daily "Honey does this make my ass look big?" "No baby, you're fine" :mamoru: ) or pulled a stunt that was just completely unkosher, WHY does the person have to be horribly simply because they end the relationship?

It's illogical in many aspects. OH MY GOD, SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ME ANYMORE! THEY ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH! :ugh:

And no, I have never done so nor have I had this happen to me. With only a few occasions, most of my relationships have ended amicably. Most of the time we never see or talk to each other after, but I have run into exes later (usually several months or even years) and either we ignore each other completely or we can at least be civil enough to say hi and as how one another is.