Have you ever ran so hard that.....?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by igotyofire, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

Today i ran(somthing i dont do often) and i pushed my self extremely hard. I could barely get home walkin up the hill back to my house. I was so tired i wanted to pass out. It took me 30-60min to recover for me to even feel like i wanted to stand up after laying down for a bit, and i could barely talk and had hard time breathing normally. My mom says i have little bit low blood pressure and am borderline anemic, could that have somthing to do with it?

I sprinted the very end of my run as long as i could , i think thats what did it

2. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

Did you feel faint, or just exhausted? If it's exhaustion, I would congratulate you for having a good workout, and suggest you take at least one day off. If it was because you were light-headed, dizzy, etc., then you might have some vitals looked at after you make sure you are sufficiently hydrated and you weren't running having not eaten for a long time.

3. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

actually i hadn't eatin for hours before and yes i felt light headed and dizzy like i was going to pass out, i can still a lil bit dizzy and i ran 2-3 hours ago

4. Pork Chop Sandwiches

You might want to pay close attention to that then. Does this normally happen?

5. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

i dont run often, although i am going to try to and when i did run, i never pushed myself like i did today,( i think i just over-did it, Eye of the Tiger was playin on my MP3 player and i was thinkin how rocky sped up when all those kids were chasing him,lol, So i sped up as fast as i could for as long as i physically could till i couldn't run fast no more) (obviously not smart but i was more concerned with does anyone else ever feel like this after running or did i really just push myself over my limits?)

6. Pork Chop Sandwiches

It has happened to me in the past, where I feel a little light-headed and/or dizzy after some mad sprints or hills. But the feeling never lingered, like it is in your case. That's what you should be concerned about, that you're still feeling dizzy. Your body should have certainly recovered by now.

7. BlkGS3

BlkGS3 Guest

Once after in b-ball practice, i pissed off the coach and he made me run more then i could. I threw up and both my lags crampped up

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

yeah, I always feel like that when I sprint the last 100 yards or so. It's a bad idea. I mean it only saves you like 10 seconds

9. KetchupKing

KetchupKing New Member

I once bicycled 16 hours. By the 16th hour, it was painful to walk or ride. Slept for 20+ hours and came out fresh. I did not have problems talking or breathing during that period. It's probably cramps that you felt?

10. cunninglinguist

cunninglinguist RAEPERQUICKING

I feel like that when I do HIIT

11. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

i tried swimming 1 km one night... i ended up puking and then feeling like shit for the rest of the night

:o

12. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

i highly doubt pushing yourself THAT hard will make a difference worth the repercussions of the run...

i run every other night and often incorporate HIIT, i find that after good runs my legs are really sore (duh). So i'll just sit down with a big jug of water for a while and put them up. It's not as harsh as what you're experiencing though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.