Have you ever let a great girl go because....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by M.A. Malone Esq., Nov 4, 2009.

1. M.A. Malone Esq.

M.A. Malone Esq. OT Supporter

the logisitics of a relationship are outright impossible?

I have. :hs:

2. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

lol

story of my life... twice... last year :hsd:

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

yup. been there done that. sucks.

I definitely made the right call. Years later we were chatting and I finally asked her if she would have still taken a job 150 miles away even if I had left my life and moved to where she was at first like she wanted me to... Her response "Well I needed a job!" FFFFFFUUUUU. Felt good though. All those years I wondered if she was unavailable because I wouldn't commit or if she would have been unavailable no matter what I did.

4. M.A. Malone Esq.

this isn't even a happysad situation. Just sad. :(

EDIT- take that back. It's happysad because at least you stop wasting your time. :hs:

5. M.A. Malone Esq.

Now that I think about it, happened to me earlier this year too. :hs:

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yes and it SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

Let me tell you though, the real mind fuck was last year when he showed up out of no where and gave me the "I've missed you for the past 7 years. I've got my life together now, come back to me." Oy Gevalt.

I had to look at him and tell him that I didn't wait for him and I have an awesome life and a boyfriend I adore and I'm not willing to give that up. So to look at him AGAIN and choose to walk away AGAIN was very difficult. It wasn't a difficult decision to make but it was difficult to see how hurt he was and it was very surreal to once and for all, walk away from something I so desperately clung to at one point in my life.

...if you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it... :hsugh::hsugh::hsugh:

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I remember this. :big grin:

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Boo, I want to hear the stories

9. Lucky Penny

!! I was going to ask if you did!! I was a mess for a solid 2 days afterward, wasn't I? TOTAL MIND FUCK.

We don't even keep in touch now. I've met him for breakfast once since last Christmas when we had that way-too-long conversation, wished each other a happy birthday this past year and I met his new gf and saw their house over 4th of July. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we ever saw each other again. Which actually sucks IMO, but I think it's the best for him.

10. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

You know mine :o I think you're one of the only people that know the latter story here :hsd:

Was with the person for 2 years, he wanted to move to Australia, wasn't willing to make it work, I even offered to move with him, blah blah blah. Ended up pre-emptively ending it out of principle since I wasn't about to wait another year until he left and then have some "goodbye" moment at the airport like he pictured. It wasn't gonna go down like that, we were wayyyyyyyyyy past the point of being emotionally invested to have to get even MORESO for another year then say goodbye :ugh: Ironically, he's not going anymore :o But yeah, I still absolutely made the right call, for various reasons. I'm sure some of you guys remember me in a total emo/completely crushed state for months about what to do about this :rofl::o:hs:

Second time, met a guy and we were absolutley *crazy* about each other. I mean, the type of wreckless abandonment that you typically only allow yourself once before you've ever had your heart broken. Problem was, 2 days before we met, he had just decided to move to DC :rofl::o After the whole ordeal with Patrick, I was just like you GOTTA be kidding me.

We kid ourselves into thinking it was "fun and games" for the first two months, then various circumstances proved that we were just bullshitting ourselves and were in way over our heads emotionally all circumstances considered, and we decided to pump the brakes. Still made the right call on that too though for various reasons.

I don't regret either, but I definitely made the right decision in ending both :hs:

11. iwishyouwerebeer

:hs: :hug:

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

[​IMG]

13. iwishyouwerebeer

:bowrofl: congratulations, you just made my second sig quote :bowrofl:

14. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Anyone who hasn't is either extremely lucky or fails at relationships with the opposite sex.

15. Reign

Reign Banned

Kinda happening to me right now, but we're kinda just doing the open relationship type thing I think. She says I can date other people, but I don't really want to. I want her... I've even passed up sex with a crazy fine woman because I feel alot for this girl.

Smack me somebody, pelase.

16. THoC

THoC New Member

:slap:

17. THoC

THoC New Member

ive never let a great girl go and i would not consider myself either of those.

18. THE mister juice

THE mister juice jfk→sea

nah bro i make it rain

19. Lucky Penny

I'll try to give you the Reader's Digest version..

So the guy I was talking about was my high school sweetheart. We dated from 8th grade through our junior year of HS and we dated on and off our senior year. The end of our junior year Eric fell into a really bad crowd and by our senior year our relationship wasn't really a priority for him. Not long after we graduated HS I sat him down and told him it was drugs or me. He begged me not to leave but he was honest and said he wasn't ready to turn his life around. So that was it. I left him. Though I was sure that we'd both go off to college, get back together, start dating seriously and get married right after we graduated. :dunno: That's what everyone expected of us. It's what our parent's always told us would happen. And I had held on to that dream for a long time.

So we broke up and I dated around and I finally met Nate. <3

Eric tried to contact me here and there over the years but I never acknowledged his efforts. So last Halloween Eric was dating a girl I knew in HS. She decided we needed to talk, she gave him my number and he called me. We talked on the phone twice and when I was in Cleveland for Christmas he called me one night asked if I would meet and say hi. So we met up at a local bar, caught up for about 2 hours and it was really nice :hs: We were about to leave until we heard that the street we were on and the surrounding streets had been closed because of a flash ice storm that had come by while we were inside. (which fucking sucked cause we were stuck there until like 8am. picard.jpg) So we just had hours to sit there and talk. Which was actually turned out to be alright cause because we both had a lot to say to each other and had a lot of hurt feelings that needed to be acknowledged. It was then that he dropped to "come back to me" bomb and I gave him the "sorry, you missed your chance" line. There was a lot of crying. From both of us. :o

Like I said it was really difficult to see how hurt he was and it was very strange to realize that once again I was the one walking away. I wish we could be friends. He's one of the best friends I've ever had, but I'm nearly certain it'd be way too hard for him so we rarely speak.

20. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

So you've held onto every good girl you come across even if the relationship is worthless due to circumstances? You may not feel like you suck at relationships, but you do.

21. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

I wouldn't put myself into that position.

22. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

23. Lucky Penny

:love: alaya :love:

You know, it was one of those situations where you know what the right decision is and while it doesn't make it any easier, at least the path is clear. Know what I mean?

But watching you go through that shit with Patrick :wtc: Ugh. My heart was bleeding for you. That was some heart breaking shit right there <3 For the record though, I think you did a really great job handling that whole situation and you made the right choice. :hsd:

24. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

No, I have never let go of a girl purely because of logistics. If logistics was the only problem, we'd conquer the logistics. There have been plenty of relationships that weren't quite right where the end was facilitated by logistics though.

25. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

:hs: this is hitting hard to home. future plans don't seem to be working out. long term long distance relationship. frequency of contact ie. talking on the phone for less than 10 minutes a day and seeing each other only one day a week. I confronted her about how I was feeling last week and its a little rough right now. never felt like this before and it scares me to be honest. I feel like its just getting stale from the lack of contact. I sit at home and wonder wtf i'm doing with myself when i can't even talk to the person i should be seeing on a regular basis.