GUN Have you ever had to pull your firearm?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by michael, Mar 6, 2006.

1. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

I will be carrying soon and I was just wondering if those of you who DO carry have had to pull your weapon and why?

:eek3:

I hope I never have to :hs:

2. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

I have not. I thought I might have to once, but managed to diffuse the situation with 120 lumens of surefire awesomeness...

3. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

lol.. :bowdown: retinal damage > collapsed lungs and perforated heart tissue

4. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

He backed down, very, very quickly. I was thankful he did.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  5. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

I have'nt, Hopefully ill never have to that is some scary stuff and plus here if you pull your gun on someone you can get into deep poopy

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

nope.

but I work at a gas station, 3rd shift on friday saturday nights, and every surrounding business is closed at night.. right off the highway..

any day now :o

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Lets hear the walmart story

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

yeah, i used to work at a gas station...we werent allowed to carry though :hs:

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

theres no written policy (or verbal policy for that matter) where I work, so what they know wont hurt them...but I know the boss's wife doesnt like guns..

I can see it now..

"ring ring"

boss's wife: oh dear the phone is ringing
    boss: hello? what? who? oh shit
    wife: what happened?
    boss: we were robbed, pat shot and killed the robber
    wife: oh my god :eek4: guns are evil

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

:hs: first thing they told me was that I couldn't have ANY type of weapon on me. I did keep a 18" monkey wrench next to my register though :o

edit: it wasnt even allowed on the property (in my car.)

but this was a RaceTrac, corporately owned gas station..liability issue, i suppose

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

fucking bastards

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

When I first got out of the army I worked at a gas station for a few months. One night at like 2 am some dude walked in when someone was at the counter. He was looking around nervously at the other end of the store with his hands in his pockets. Before that customer left another one came in. He just stood over there and then the stereotypical "2 am every night guy who talks to you for half an hour" guy came in. We started talking and after five minutes the guy finally walked out. That's the one time in my life that I really wished I had a gun but didn't. It would have been in my hand under the counter if I had one.

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I had a begger try to get in my car once when i was stopped at a light. I just moved the holstered Ruger so that he could see it better. He left me alone after that.

14. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Not in an "out in public" situation. I have at home.

My dad owns a glass business that is located in a worse for wear neighborhood.. people come in there all the time who are sketchy as hell. I know he's pointed his .38 in the face of one guy who came in, talking about how he had a knife to sell.. flips the knife open & was greeted by a revolver to the face.

He also pulled it on some hooker one night when he was driving to an Indian relic show.. stopped at a truck stop, and she climbed into his truck.. she stared down that same revolver.

15. Accord

Accord New Member

Don't ask, don't tell. If you're carrying concealed, they will never know about it unless SHTF and you actually need it, in which the worst thing they could do is fire you. You're not breaking any laws, just a BS company policy.

Also, it's unconstititutional for them to not allow you to keep a firearm in your privately owned vehicle, regardless of whether it's in their parking lot.

The NRA-ILA is currently fighting this issue in the state of Florida:

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:werd:

NRA was fighting that shit with Conoco Phillips, fucking pricks were firing people who had guns in their car

17. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

thanks, Accord

18. Accord

Accord New Member

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/feb/25/nra_business_groups_fight_over_allowing_guns_parki/?state

19. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

i was ready one day. about 2 months after i bought my p22. my brother called me saying he was selling his car to some sketchy people from a real shitty area who had seen his car in the mall. they had the entire amount in cash already on him. it was obvious that it was drug money and he wanted to be safe. so i came over and made sure he got the money and that nothing happened. my mom and brother were very thankful that i had it with me incase something did go wrong

20. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

p22..if they were drug dealers then they probably had something to easily outshoot a p22..like a slingshot

21. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Ey... this is iffy... In texas, if your employer has a no guns policy, and has made his employees aware of it, it is effective on any property owned by that company.... Parking lots/garages included.... Non employees how ever can have guns in thier cars...

EDIT: No, I don't think this is "right" or "just" but thats the way it is for now. Does it stop me? No.

22. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

he knows that..but its not against the law..just against company policy..if they dont know that you're violating policy, then they cant do anything about it.

23. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Never as a civilan.. Several times in the army

24. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

I was having a quiet get together with some friends (less than 30 ppl), and had a keg at my house. Well some HS senior jackasses (im a Freshman in college) thought they could steal our keg and came on my property thinking they owned the place. One of them had the balls to bring a fucking airsoft gun (a 92fs), which didnt fool me because I could see the remnants of the orange tip still on the end of the gun, plus it looked just wrong for a Beretta (Wally World airsoft :greddy: ) . I promptly procured my Bushy in its case in the garadge, and racked back the charging handle sending a .223 cartridge flying through the air, and held it at arms and said "Leave immediatly or there will be trouble." Lets just say that there wasnt any problems after that incident, my gun looked alittle more real than their toy POS. Thank god for the Castle Doctrine, lucky for the idiots I didnt feel in extreme danger on my own property. But at the same time, keg+gun+underage drinking=bad time. HS was so stupid at times.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  25. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I dont think so. I think your car is an extension of your home or something.. I cant recall the exact wording that I read about it.. .

i dunno someone help me out here