Have you ever gotten a girl's number out of courtesy?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HuskiRuski, Dec 5, 2009.

1. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

Last night I stopped by my friend's place who was having a pretty big pregame for a bar night. While I was there, I didn't know many people, so after I exhausted all my "hey's" and "haven't seen you in forever's" I felt like I should keep talking to someone while I drinking all his liquor.

So I came up to this girl and just basically shot the shit with her for 20 minutes or so. She was really cool and pretty decent (maybe a 6-7?), but definitely not my type. There was no way I was gonna try to hit it.

At the end of the conversation, she got a call from a friend telling her to go to some other party pretty far away. So before she left, I got her number and said that if I was heading that way I would give her a call (I knew the kids having the party).

I had no real intention of ever following up, but just felt like I would be a dick or a chump if I didn't ask for her number. (never mind the fact that I ended up getting trashed later in the night and calling her anyway...).

Anyone ever do this? Just seemed like not getting her number would have been awkward.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol @ calling her anyway :mamoru:

In for discussion on social pressure and norms. Shit i forgot what this is called actually. Someone (JJJ?) sent me a doc on it once I think written by Tyler Durden.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Nah, it's something that refers to people acting the way they're supposed to because failure to do so, even if you wanted to do something different, would be breaking social norms. I can't think of an example at the moment. Nor can I remember what it was called.

So I'm thinking like he asked for her number because he was supposed to even tho he didn't want to because he didn't want to offend her or "be a dick or a chump."

Except he did want to because he called her later anyway :mamoru:

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Tyler Durden on social norms seems like a real page turner.

Esp. for a guy who admitted going dark for like a year and didn't approach anyone to write the most mediocre fucking theory in the world.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Define "going dark." Does that mean like staying inside and never going out?

Tyler Durden is an enigma. On the one hand, his stuff has helped me (especially with inner game) 11ty billion times more than all the other PUA stuff combined. He's able to define and explain things that made me go "holy shit, I know exactly what he's talking about!" He had a way of quantifying various social phenomenia that I had subconsciously noticed, but never been able to explain or use before.

On the other hand, I've heard from numerous people that he's super awkward, a "social robot", and kind of a dbag. He originally claimed he was a nerd or something and is now calling himself a "natural."

At least that's what I remember from a few years ago. I haven't listened to/read much PUA stuff in the last few years

6. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yes i have, she jammed it in my phone

the courtesy part was when i didnt snatch it back asking wtf she was doing

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Yes he did not go out at all IIRC.

He writes down the things that he went through and explain them the best he can without making it seem like you have a deeply rooted issue.

So when you identify with that feeling you get the impression that since he's been there before and apparently has overcome it-- so it seems he's a good resource for advice.

But just because he and you have noticed them doesn't mean he's right about what it means. They're very agreeable logic, sure. But from a scientific standpoint he doesn't know shit.

I guess at the end of the day what works just works. Like a lot of notions about fitness. Often the science is proven faulty in new studies but the effects are still real and just caused or contributed by another coincidental factor.

Bottom line for me-- if the guy himself is not normal and cool, I will not take advice from him no matter how agreeable he sounds.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That makes a lot of sense.

When I say TD's stuff helped me a lot, I can narrow it down to one specific volume from his "Foundations" course. I forget which number it is (one of the ones near the end). It's the one where he's talking about why you deserve good things and success. Why not the guy next to you? How are you any different from him? Or something like that. I had always asked myself that question and sure, I'm awesome, but I couldn't really come up with any reason as to why I should believe that I have more value/power/whatever than anyone else.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol, that's so anti-game :bowrofl: Especially since TD himself said something like "how are you gonna get good with girls? Are you gonna get good with girls by staying inside and playing videogames?" :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

10. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

For various reasons this is something on which I disagree with you.

In short: even if you live in a cave and eat bats, if your words themselves make sense, I will judge them on their own merits rather than judging you and then indirectly judging them through you.

11. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

12. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Depends on the situation.

If a guy dedicates his life and his career to being being the man and he's not actually the man then there's a big disconnect and I'd like to know why.

Just like I wouldn't give my money to a guy who has lost his own money over and over with no sign of improvement. Even if CONCEPTUALLY he knows how.

What he says may be the greatest shit of all time. But the fact of the matter is he is in a very saturated and competitive business environment. I'd put my money on someone who talks the talk and walks the walk. Not just someone who talks. Guys that will be around for years to come. He quite frankly will not.

If he actually had something TRULY UNIQUE to say then you'd have to listen to him because there are no alternatives. But nothing he says is original.

13. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

there are many things i do when i'm drunk that i don't actually want to do.

I don't care about this Tyler Durden character. He's not what the thread is about.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ah, "Social Violation." That's the term I was thinking of.

15. Rellik

Rellik New Member

u still have the doc falconer?

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Wouldn't ask for it if I didn't want it. It's perfectly normal to talk to someone for a while and not ask for their number.

17. THoC

THoC New Member

my take is... if she gives it to you, even if not interested, take it to be nice.

if not interested then dont ask for it.

this leads the girl on for no reason at all.

18. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

I disagree. The people most successful takes as many numbers as possible and puts them in friend zone to expand how many girls they know. Increasing the chances of coming across a girl they do want to get with. Just because you have a girls number does not mean you need to sleep with her or lead her on for that fact.

19. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Here and I thought being able to talk to a girl without feeling like it was required that you get her number was a good thing. :rofl:

20. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i agree and i get plenty of girls numbers for this reason, because i know they have hot friends or something like that.
    however, this is a girl who i'll probably never talk to again and i don't know whether she has hot friends or not. it was purely out of courtesy.

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have a printed out copy somewhere. Let me see if I can find an electronic copy.

22. Rellik

Rellik New Member

thx, or just the name if you can :)

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

IMO, personal experience trumps "science" every single time.

24. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

In your opinion or in your experience?

25. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

:werd: