TAT Have you ever "cheated" on your tattoo artist?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by biomechmonster, Sep 15, 2007.

1. biomechmonster

biomechmonster Giger ftw

My husband and I go to the same artist, we have for years, he's awesome and etc etc.

I want some Sailor Jerry-style pieces on my legs and I want to get the first over the winter sometime.

However....

Sailor Jerry isn't our artist's style by a long shot :o He specializes in biomech and I have, in all his portfolios, never seen anything like a Sailor Jerry piece. He owns the tatt shop and there are a couple other artists there that could needle out a kickass Sailor Jerry piece.

Would it be bad to ask our artist about another guy at the shop doing my tattoo? I would feel like I'm cheating on him in front of his face :ugh2:

Or should I just go to another tatt shop altogether and risk getting ink that isn't as good?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I doubt he would care if you get a different artist that works in his shop to do your next piece. At least is still done is his shop.

3. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

I would ask him about it. Say "hey, i was wanting to get a sailor type piece and I noticed it doesnt seem to be your style. Would there be anyone here who enjoys doing them?"

shrug

4. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

Maybe Almighy Buttons can answer this question, but I know that even if she went to a different artist in his shop, Ben would still get a 'cut' from the tattoo. Isn't the standard for shops 70/30?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  5. AccessFlux

AccessFlux Dream Police

more importantly, the tattooist doesn't own you. you should go where you want to and go where the artists are best suited to what you want.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I'd ask him what artist at his shop he'd recommend for that style tattoo. Ben doesn't come across as one of those asshole artists who would make a big fuss over something like that. :dunno:

7. audrey

audrey New Member

No, but I think I'm about to.