A&P Have had my first DSLR for about a month, c&c two pics please

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by rallysport, Oct 31, 2007.

1. rallysport

rallysport New Member

I bought a Nikon D80 about a month ago. I'm slowly learning how to work it and how to get the correct exposure, composition, etc etc. Also starting to learn how to use Lightroom and Photoshop. Anyways, any constructive criticism? I know they aren't nearly as good as some of yours, but I'd still appreciate your thoughts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mojito

mojito New Member

not bad, 1st one has a bit of a warm wb to it, its ok but seems just slightly off and I usually like warm wb's :hs:

2nd, good expousre, nice and sharp, but the background is distracting. getting in closer, using a smaller number aperture, or using a longer lens would throw the background out of focus more, of choose one that isn't as busy :hs:

3. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

pretty good. i got my D80 a month ago and i'm learning a lot by reading threads here and just shooting anything.

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i agree, the top also seems to have everything stacked ontop of eachother. the barns on the cows, the cows on the mud hole. had everything been spaced out a little more horizontally it could have helped the composition.

5. Both great pictures, I like how wide open the 1st one is shot. Stock lens?

6. rallysport

rallysport New Member

Thanks for the c&c so far guys! Definitely appreciated.
    Not shot with a kit lens, i never got one of those :)
    Both shots were with a 50-200VR Nikkon Lens which is surprising because i use my Tamron 17-50 more lol

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I agree about the background on #2. Shooting dogs can be tough, because if you get them where you want them, they start moving around. You can't just tell them to turn their heads this way or that. If you get a chance to reshoot a similar shot with that dog, pull the chair and table out of the way, or move the dog a few feet and shoot at a different angle so they're not behind the dog.

8. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

2nd shot needs more bokeh :hs: