Have an integra..... now choosing between 300zx or mr2

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by kingkevo25, Oct 6, 2006.

1. kingkevo25

kingkevo25 New Member

Dilemna... I have an Integra RS (5 speed stick, gsr rims, alpine deck and speakers), but i have to get rid of it and get another car (as a daily driver). I'm having a hard time choosing between an mr2 turbo, 300zx 2+2, or 300zx tt. I'm partial towards performance, but I don't know how lame it would be to only be able to have one friend in my car, so id lean toward the 2+2. I was thinking of just getting a 300zx tt for best performance, but the mr2 is my childhood dream car..... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I don't plan on rediculous mods, I want to keep it smoggable (california standards). I was thinking BBS rc rims if I got a 300zx, or goldish colored gramlights if I got the mr2. Input anyone??

2. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

Unless you have midgets as friends, they aren't going to want to be in the back of the Nissan for very long.

3. kingkevo25

kingkevo25 New Member

Well the integra already has small seats (when you sit in the back your head hits the rear glass). I don't mind bitch slapping my buddies when they complain. :bigok:

Is it really that small? It looks pretty coomfy.

4. ///M

///M New Member

[​IMG]

i'd hate to work on that shit.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

WTF are you talking about? That's a beautiful engine.

The backseat in the MR2 is smaller than the backseat in the 300ZX.

6. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

never knew the mr2 had a backseat....:hsugh:

7. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

Wrd MR2. Midship/engine Runabout/Reardrive 2 Seater...

8. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

He is talking about the tight spaces. Just like the 3KGT Vr4 is a PITA to work on as compared to the 4g63.

And ya, you would have to be really small to fit in the back seat of an MR2; like, as small as an engine or something...:hsugh:

9. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

So you want to get rid of the old reliable honda 4 cylinder that has a proven record and get a "performance" car for DAILY DRIVING?

LOL. any performance car that's old is going to need a shitload of work & it will be a shitload of money to keep & maintain it. In general, sport/performance cars are never a good idea to daily driving/budget minded people.

I had a 92 300zx & a 90 Supra Turbo. I can speak from experience, the supra was sick fast (i burn wheels just from slamming the gas pedal on second gear while traveling 25mph) But it spent 8 months in 1 year in the garage cause little shit always break on it.

The 92 300z is very nice and pimp. People always stop me at stoplight and comment on the car & asked whether it's new and where can they get it. I never have a single problem with it mechanically but it's fucking expensive to maintain. $800 for the catback exhaust replacement FTL.

10. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

yea, like his friends wouldn't be able to fit in the back of an S2000 either.

11. deusexaethera

No shit? I guess that's why I said the 300zx's backseat is bigger.

12. kingkevo25

kingkevo25 New Member

Yes. I want a nice car..... if I had room for two cars Id keep the integra too, but I don't and I want a nicer car. I'm sure that I won't run into any huge problems with the mr2 or the 2+2. The ones im looking at have ~130k miles.

13. deusexaethera

You just contradicted yourself. You will have problems with cars that old.

14. kingkevo25

kingkevo25 New Member

130k?? Thats not too old in my book...... All of the cars ive had or my family has had have never had problems during high miles (except for failed smog).... we still drive our 500k mi Chevy 20 (big ass 'luxury' van) from california to canada and back without wondering if its gonna shit out on us.......

15. deusexaethera

Firstly, you live in California. They don't do safety inspections there, if I recall -- only smog checks. As such, you're less likely to find out about little things that I'm sure are broken on your old cars.

Secondly, we're not talking about a Chevy Van -- we're talking about foreign sports cars. These cars are too powerful to last a long time between major repairs, and they're too light to be overbuilt to withstand their own power forever. At 130000 miles, unless they have been fanatically maintained, something big is either broken or ready to break.

Obviously, though, if the car has been maintained constantly, it will be fine at any mileage.

16. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

whatever, good luck with it.

just be prepare to get ass-rape on the repair bill & parts you noob.

here's a formula to remember, the higher price the car when it came out, the higher the price of parts. And since they don't make them any more, the law of supply and demand kick in, and therefore, the price of that particular part will triple. Some instances, prices x 6 = new price.

$1600 for a factory 300z exhaust = pwned. ($800 each, and it's dual exhaust)
    $600 for a factory supra mass air flow sensor = pwned

another example.

1997-2001 honda prelude factory "premium" sound system cd player
    $2000.00

17. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

Y HALLO THARR CRAMPED ENGINE BAY!@!@$@*!

anything needs work, youre gonna have to pull the engine outta the bay

18. dew

dew Banned

any the mr2 is any different?:rofl:

19. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

if he had posted up a picture of a cramped mr2 engine bay, I would of said the same. The Nissan 300ZX is my dream car yet I opted not to get it because of the high maintinance issues and the cramped engine bay

20. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

While MR2's aren't easy to work on, they're probably a dream from the engine bays of 300's I've seen.

Any of those cars are going to be a bit hard to work on, and probably will need some work sooner or later. I like them equally, so my vote goes to an MR2 since i have one :big grin:

21. ExemptedNut

ExemptedNut Sometimes I like to pretend I'm speed reading

mmm, mr2 all the way! 300zx's are everywhere, the duece is classy

22. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

i have an mr2, and my buddy has a 300zx.....it really depends on what you want. the mr2 will out handle most anything but a porsche while still maintaining a decent amount of power. but a TT300ZX is just flat out nasty in the power aspect......Im the kind of guy that wants to hit up the curves at 3 times the recommended speed. but if you wanna do an easy 150 mph, then a 300zx is gonna be your best bet.....also in order to get a 2+2 TT300zx you would have to either swap it, or somehow get one from japan......Both are going to have problems, but the mr2 is going to be much cheaper to fix. if your on a budget go with an mr2, if you have a good income and can afford it, get the Z. also a nice TT300ZX is VERY expensive compared to a nice mr2 turbo..........

23. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

mr2 engine bays arent cramped......they are actually one of the only cars with the correct fitting and space to be twin charged.

24. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

Um, they are not TT.

25. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

what're you asking for the integra?