GUN Have all the XD sack riders?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KIDRR, Dec 17, 2007.

?

Which one?

1. Glock

40.4%
  2. XD

24.6%
  3. M&P

10.5%
  4. Other

15.8%
  5. Guns are bad Mkay

8.8%
  1. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

[moved over to M&P now?] Silly fads :mamoru:

2. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

they're all out for tetanus shots

3. MTech

MTech New Member

That's why so many departments are switching or have switched over to them right :rolleyes: :noes:

4. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

what the fuck is that poll supposed to be ?

5. MTech

MTech New Member

Looks, Feel/adjustable grips, most guys I talk to like the trigger better..if you truly like the reset or something on another gun you can always have a trigger job done (it's not like glock guys go w/o them glock guys seem to be all about modding their guns in same way shape or form) but in terms of the actual feel of the trigger most every glock guy I have run into be it average person, or LEO they have all said they like the M&P better. The only thing I hear which is a given is how glock guys really love the fact it basically weighs nothing. The M&P is light, but it's not like holding air..you know you have something in your hand. Plus you have a great customer support that does everything and anything to keep the customer happy... the very few cases I've read where a guy got a new frame they kept his serial number..that's more than I can say I've read about glock in situations like those. Plus the fact that you are buying a product made in the USA which should mean something to you don't want to support your country than possibly you're a liberal in disguise or should move to Canada? :nono:

6. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's going to take a whole lot more than " a few guys that like the trigger " and " hoards of LEO agencies switching " to dethrone Glock.

Your talking about a legacy on a gun design that has withstood the test of time for close to a quarter centry. Without Glock, there would have never been M&P or XD.

That's like comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordan. You can't just step into the arena, impress a few folks and think you can challenge the champ rite off the bat.

They've got to be around for at least 10-15 years before they can even think about being compared to the old man. Glock, for what it is, and WHEN it was created, was and still is many years ahead of any competition.

7. MTech

MTech New Member

I don't think it's going to "dethrone" and I never claimed that maybe some have?? I do think a lot of glock sackriders need to get off their high horses and admit there's other good guns out there. If you want to shoot on quarter century old technology that's your choice.. the rest of us will not only shoot more comfortably, but with good looks. :)

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Christ, what kind of nancy girls care what other guns guys carry.

9. MTech

MTech New Member

[​IMG]

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

I'm hardly a Glock sack rider, as you put it. I shoot and collect plenty other guns. I'm just calling it as it is.

If I were to shoot a major Tourney, I'd shoot my Glock. If my life was on the line, I'd shoot my Glock. That's my belief as it stands from my experience from shooting, training and competing.

Aesthetics have nothing to do with it.

11. MTech

MTech New Member

I didn't mean you specifically I was speaking generally.

12. MTech

MTech New Member

seeing as I don't have a search function that's rather hard to do and knowing you, you've deleted your comments regardless. You always rant off praising 1911 or glocks and constantly bash sigs, kimbers,S&W and HK.

Flavor of gun eh.. funny I've shot glocks...I've shot HK..Colt..Kimber..Springfield..S&W..ect... I say I don't like glocks and all the sudden you throw a shit fit.. you put down M&P when you have NO experience on them you even said in the thread the other week that you just more or less "dismissed them" as if you were above them cause you heard some guy had problem with them and than you made some poorly sourced claim about the mag drop issue which is a thing of the past. I suggest the gun because it works and fits a lot of the criteria for what guys ask about on here and I post FACTS and stick up for the gun because it does work and people such as yourself as so quick to try and put it down when everyday more and more people are tossing out their glocks for the M&P.

I've NEVER had a problem with mine..and there's guys out there with tens of thousands who never have problems with their either and have cleaned them not even enough times to count on one hand.

13. MTech

MTech New Member

Once again I don't have the search function and i'm not spending hours looking for threads to show how you bash everythign it's pretty obvious from looking at peoples "look what I just bought" threads like the recent Kimber one where you shot down the guys warrior and went off about a Warrior II which isn't even on the Kimber site.

As for dry firing for all I or anybody knows it could of been a new not broken in gun. Plus like I pointed out there's trigger jobs just like most everybody seems to do to their glocks.

all I know is this..
    [​IMG]

to me not only looks more comfortable, but from shooting both is more comfortable.

[​IMG]

14. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

WTF is wrong with THAT gun? :ugh:

All the Glocks i have seen look more like this:
    [​IMG]

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I was hardcore for the XD when SA started offering it. But after actually shooting it, I wasn't all that impressed. Then the quality issues regarding the slide really were a turn-off, as well. Bottom line is I ended up with a Glock 22.

I will probably end up with either a .45ACP or 9mm next, and I would be looking primarily Glock/M&P/1911 for the .45ACP and primarily Glock/M&P for the 9mm.

Overall, I really can't think of any redeeming qualities for the XD. The grip is fine, but I don't mind the glock grip, either. I added the DecalGrips and they are very comfortable. The trigger reset on the XD is also very very annoying. And I understand why they added all the "safety" indicators and mag-safties, but I don't live in cali, and I don't want them, mmmm kay?

Overall, I think the Glock is the benchmark. I'm not saying best at everything, but due to it's long history and mass popularity, it is a good benchmark to measure others by. I think the M&P is the other good alternative. The XD does not excel in any area that I can think of, so I would rather simply not consider it for a purchase. You arn't wrong if you own one, or if you want to buy one -- but I think you could do better with a Glock or M&P.

16. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Do you have split-personally disorder? Because sometimes you make really intelligent and thoughtful posts, and other times it's...well...this shit.

17. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I don't own a Glock, but I have shot my dad's 17 on numerous occasions and think it's a really good gun. I do own an M&P9, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Not even a hiccup since the first round I put through it, and I"m up to 1500 now. Glocks are very good guns, and I cannot say which is going to be more reliable, although Glocks have an astounding legacy that no one can deny. The M&P fit my hand better, and I had heard a lot of good things about them. I almost bought a Glock 17, but after I held the M&P, I knew it was what I had to have.

After about 300-400 rounds, the trigger in my M&P felt real good. I know all production pistols have a wearing-in period, but it was noticeable on the M&P. We shall see what kind of reliability this gun has to offer, I will have to report back in another few thousand rounds.

18. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I don't care if anyone else switches over to an M&P or not, I just really like my gun.
    But if someone is looking for a new gun, and needs advice or ideas, I have no problem throwing the M&P out there.
    It is by no means the end-all gun, nor do I think it is the BEST gun, since every person, and every person's needs are different.

My gun-buying days aren't over because I bought the best gun possible and can't possibly find any thing better; I'm definitely always looking for new guns to aquire... when the funds are there.

19. MTech

MTech New Member

yes I have :drool: That's the best closeup photo that came up of the glock trigger when I did a search.. I'll leave it to you to tell me wtf is wrong with the almighty glock in the picture..

Fully agreed and that's exactly what happened in my process of looking/researching and eventually buying one.

MFinDAWT :bigthumb:

20. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Don't quote me, I don't want to be associated with your bi-polar crazy ass.
    I do a good enough job of making myself look bad, I don't need anyone else's help.

:hsugh:

21. MTech

MTech New Member

lol

[​IMG]

22. H.P.

H.P. Guest

cliffs:

Glocks suck
    M&P's rule

M&P > Glock.

23. Slick26