Have A little problem

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Beason, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Beason

Beason They call me "The Stig"

Aug 11, 2003
    I just bought a used 2001 Black Tahoe with 27,000 miles on it in great condition. I am planning on working on it and I need some help because the dealership did some strange thing to it.
    First instead of youring some sorta or dash/vinyl protectant like 303 they used some sorta of oil based products. The dash. console, everything now has a serve oily feel, very slick. It feels just like grease was put on it. So I need something to first get this out so that I can put some 303 ontop. What products do good for cleaning dashs and vinyl? Will heavily dilluted MEG APC work?
    Second the car was owned by a athlete before me so the leather on the drivers side is pretty dirty, what is a good leather cleaner to get this out? I have Zymol and Lexol leather cleaners and conditioners, will these work?
    Third I need a plastic trim cleaner. I would like to clean as much of it as possible before topping it with 303. Does anyone know a good cleaner to clean plastic pieces like running boards and rear bumber covers?

Thank you.

Also please check out my thread in Detailing to offer some help before I completely detail the Tahoe.

For Pictures
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax The Detailing EDU is stickied in the Detailing for Moderator

May 5, 2000
    Diluted APC should get rid of the oily crap the dealer used and there are more than enough leather cleaning tips in the product list.
  3. dillinger

dillinger Guest