Hate to ask you guys this. v.malware or virus on win. server 2008

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Because my workstation was down for a new mb I was using my server and w/the newsgroups I got a bit of malware. I took necessary steps and removed it using malwarebytes and then installed nod32 business and did a complete scan.

The problem at this time isn't malware (I don't think as nothing can find anything either in safe more or in windows) the problem is that in windows the OS won't allow firefox, internet explorer, windows explerer, to run. It gives a Data Execution Prevention error. On windows explorer it just shuts down and restarts. I've done all the research I can on DEP and have followed all suggestions. Nothing seems to work.

Along with all this It appears that windows restore is not something that came installed on server 2008. Looks like I'll need to reinstall but does anyone have any advice before I bite the bullet?

2. ge0

ge0 New Member

reformaty

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

yea, was debating all about changing over to windows home server but don't have the extra 3tb to be 'empty' for the drive pool. wth is that. won't take existing drives and integrate.