SRS Hate my job

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Exiled, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I've never had a job I hated. I've always at the least been pretty cool with it, no big deal..

Something about this job.. I just hate it.. im trying to find something else but this job.. it pays well.. i've never made 35 grand a year and although that's sad im sure it's more than i've ever made and it's an odd feeling hating it.

i think what it is.. is that it's a call center.. im in a sea of cubicles and everyone is coughing and sick and miserable.. nobody has fun at work or atleast tries too.. everyone seems unhappy

It's fucking depressing me...

I realllly want to find something else NOW and get out of here.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

you hate the people you work with?

idk I would hate working in a cubicle, I like my office kuz we talk all day; but not on the phone unless they call for pizza hut (our phone number used to be a pizza hut) then we take an order

and talking on the phone sucks

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I hate everything about it.. the tech I do (residential combustion control - hvac contractor support basically) and the people.. I hate the atmosphere, the lonnnng drive I to get here..

I just dont know what else I can really do though, it's a GOOD JOB for honeywell where I can move up etc..

I just.. it doesn't feel right I guess at the moment.. maybe things will change.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

why stay in a job you hate just for money?

Happiness or at least tolerance for your job is much more important than the money you make, assuming you can find a job that pays enough to cover your essentials.

5. Exiled

Exiled New Member

That's the goal, it's the in the meantime that im bugged with. Im sitting here still, and I know I will be until I can find something else which is really unknown to me..

I mean, god.. there has to be something good out there im 26 and im getting old I just want to find something I can like and be cool with and that pays decent.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I worked in a call center 2 years ago. It made the the most money by far (other than my current job), but of course after a few months it gets really old. Everyone tere usually quit within a year and a half, I left after a year. The money is usualy good, but I can't work somewhere I dislike, you eventually start to dread life :mamrou:

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: I'm in the same boat... work in a cube-farm call center, hate it, but don't have much of anywhere to go.

Biggest thing that sucks is, I work for a major Web Hosting company doing tech support, and I know for a fact I could walk in to any other call center (for any of our competitors) and be making twice what I make now TO START.

Add to that, I keep getting passed over for promotions to be working on something other than just babysitting a phone because I'm "too good on the phone" -- in all honesty, it's mainly because all of the supervisors and folks who make the decisions are smokers, and all the people who get promoted are their "smoke break buddies." I'm not a smoker, and I'm not going to start smoking just to get a promotion.

:hsugh:

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

For the first time in a very long time, I don't have my own office. I'm a cube rat for the first time also.

I used to hate my job because they basically misrepresented it when I was interviewing. So I said FUCK THEM and started sending out resumes. I've had some interviews, had one today, and I think a better company is going to offer me a job....I hope they do cuz I'd love to dump this place and move on.

Funny thing is, I was always focusing on what I didn't like about my job and for 2-3 months it really pissed me off. This last month, I've been trying to focus on the positive, what I DO like, and I'm much happier. I'm also not volunteering for shit or looking for additional work that will help the company. When I did this months ago, they shit on me so I said fuck it....I'll only do the job they tell me to.

It's funny but now I don't dread going into work....but fuck me....everyone is sick right now. One temp showed up with pneumonia!! WTF? Get out bitch.....I swear I hate sick co-workers. Look I'll stay home when I'm sick if you'll do the same....that way we both get vacations. :)

Anyways, start applying all over the place. You can't believe what that will do for your attitude. Try to stay positive and focus only on what you like....don't dwell on what you don't like.

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That last part is the real trick isn't it? ;)

10. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

Quit working and find a way to make money that does not involve working all the time.

Read that sentence over and over again untill that sinks in.

Read the book "the 4 hour work week". It'll change your whole fucking life, man.

11. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

Not really. You could just quit, set up a few basic online income streams, then focus your free time on your new "job" which involves FUN HOBBIES.

We live in an age where 17 year old girls make a living selling tshirts via 30 second youtube videos.

We have the internet.

There's no excuse for putting up with an abysmal job these days. None.

12. Amadeus

Amadeus Women Love Saying To Me, "Rock Me Amadeus!"

Ummmm! We all hate our jobs, expecially the multimillioaires in the stock market. They would never tell you this though, because they want you to think that their lives are glamorous and worth being jealous over.

13. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

You've got to be selling something - and my guess is that it starts with "pyramid" and ends with "scheme"

14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:ugh:

Ok, I'll bite. Describe, in detail, how to set up online income streams.

If however, you are trying to sell me something or trying to get me involved in some pyramid internet scheme, I'll tell you straight up not to fucking waste your time.

15. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I'm just waiting for the 1-900 number or the Nigerian prince to appear somewhere....

16. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

I know some people that started a few blogs. One makes 2K a month. That's on top of his other job. The other makes 7k a month and he still has his old job becuase he loves it (He works as volunteer/event management for a nature reserve in the heart of the city and makes like $28/hr so it was good before).

I agree with the Nigerian scammer above that the internet is teeming with ideas to make you money but I just don't know what. I wish I was that guy that sold 1 million pixels for 1mill or that 17yo bitch that designs shitty looking myspace backgrounds and makes millions. These ideas are easy in comception, you just have to be creative enough to tap into some large pool of interest. That's hard.

Oh yes, I don't really like my job either but I too am stuck in the money trap. I always think as long as I have this income I can passively look for other opportunities but I don't. My past self would kick me in the ass right now. Stop wating your life. Maybe that's what I need.