GUN hatcam/vids from the Infinity Area 4 Championships

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Oct 14, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Just got back in from shooting the A4 Championships at Witchita Falls, TX at the Double Tap Ranch, and of course shot some video. I had a great time there and the staff there was awesome. Weather was less than stellar, but great company made up for that minor inconvenience. I have shot in cold conditions before, but even I struggled with the cold, windy conditions. Sure is hard to go "fast" with 4 layers of clothing on. wacko.gif

On one of the stages I took a nasty "spill" during a course of fire, and well... you'll have to see for yourself. I met up with Spanky and his buddy Don and we got to hang out. Spanks a cool cat, see you in a few months.

Space city????

Here are the videos, enjoy.
    [y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3QO9bRTJHs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3QO9bRTJHs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[/y]

2. mstad

mstad New Member

Nice fall, you handled it well.

3. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Looks like so much fun :bowdown:

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

5. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

Here's a question: On the first stage in the video, you shot from the first two positions, then moved to the third position, with the target that was swinging back and forth. You took one shot on the swinging target, then waited for it to present itself again. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that if you have to do that, go shoot the other targets, then come back to the target, so you (maybe) won't spend as much time waiting for it.
    any truth to that? what's your opinion?

6. TATEROTE

TATEROTE OT Supporter

8:14

nice finish AB

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Plenty of truth. My timing for that swinger was thrown off when I missed the steel plate from the 2nd position. And I should have re engaged the middle paper target and should not have waited on the swinger, but I was already "committed" to my stage plan. the way I timed the stage, I should have been at that Position 1.5 seconds sooner. You can see me trying to make up some ground leaving Pos. 2 and got a little sloppy.

I left the very first paper target to be engaged on my exit.

I should have probably worked that "plan b" into my plan, but in a bigger match you should probably play it on the 'safe' side and stick with a plan.

good catch, good eye :)

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

thanks!

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:bigok:

I had a fucking blast hanging out with you and your boys dude. Definitely doing it again.

Space City? Why the fuck not, it's 4 hours closer than this was. :rofl:

You gonna make Double Tap?

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

I'm double thinking double tap <---- pun

That range and location has just had some extreme weather lately. And I heard some horror stories of folks driving into WF in the winter, which is what I would have to do unless I fly straight there.

Space City is definitely a yes. Someone told me they were going to be naming a stage after me after last years, uh, incident. :) They love me down in TX.

11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rofl: Awesome.

See ya soon. :big grin:

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

Video of Spank from the A4 Championships. My computer at home is giving me chit, so I had to use MS Movie maker at work to finally edit your vid.

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zM0RQQXSGZA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zM0RQQXSGZA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

13. johnson

johnson New Member

I thought you sold the PM7? My Valor flips like a bitch using factory Blazer Brass and WWB. Is it my grip?

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

Nope, I would never sell my DW. Get your hands as far up the frame as possible. Make sure you are locking your support hand grip forward, like you were shaking someones hand with it. It should feel akward if you do not normally practice this. Feels like you are point your support hand thumb at the target.