GUN Hatcam video from the Aug 23rd USPSA match

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Aug 24, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

This was the match that Chip and MG help me set up. It was a fun match, sorry you guys couldn't shoot it. next time!

[y]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HROgenhSklo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HROgenhSklo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[/y]

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

crazy. curious, how do you know which targets to shoot at first, or do you just have to hit them all?

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Welcome to the game...

USPSA is a game of shooting the stage the fastest and most accurate. So you have to determine "what" targets to shoot first to accomplish that goal.

There is ALWAYS what I call a "hot route". This is the sequence in which I can shoot the stage the most efficiently without any wasted steps or movement. I will count my steps, and shoot the stage with the least amount of steps. Every direction I am moving is a direct path to exactly where I need to go, to position myself to shoot the targets or array most efficiently. And yes, there is an exact sequence you "should" shoot the targets in order to shoot it the fastest. Imagine remembering the exact sequence to 32-40 shots in a field course stage. Adreneline does some funny things to your mind under pressure.

THIS is what the game is all about. It's a much bigger thinking/mental game as much as it is a skills game. Capability is also huge of course because if you don't have particular skills, you can't execute the "hot route" which often times is the hardest way to shoot a stage, that only a few that have worked hard enough can actually pull off.

There are a LOT of good tips in these videos that if you know what you are looking for are golden. Everything I do has a reason behind it. This is also a big advantage with shooting with the "super squad". you learn and pick up tactics fast, and will know how to shoot a stage the fastest.

4. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

:cool:

you're LEO, right?

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Nope, just a black man with a dream

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

AB only shoots better because of the extra muscle in the back of his leg. He's a cheater.

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

:rofl: