SRS hasn't gotten much better

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zooenthusiast, Feb 2, 2007.

1. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

over the christmas break i hit rock bottom. a lot of issues surfaced and it was really overwhelming. since then, i have gotten better, but not enough. as soon as i got back to school i called to schedule a counseling consultation but the earliest opening was february 27th. i've been trying to hang on, but it's been really hard. i exercise everyday and i've been writing in a journal and throwing myself into school work, but it all seems for nothing. i still have this horrible feeling in my stomach and i want to just sleep all day. i hate feeling this way. i want out. i don't know why i can't be happy because i have a lot to be happy about. my life isn't bad, so when i do feel this way i start to feel guilty because i feel like i shouldn't. it's a weird cycle i put myself through. what else can i do?

february 27th cannot come soon enough.

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Try to find another counsellor with a sooner opening. It sounds like you're doing the right thing in keeping yourself busy. Have you tried to address or work through any of these issues on your own?

3. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

yea i mean i will sit down and try to really see if i can't overcome whatever it is that's in my way, and i've tried to just meditate or clear my head to make myself feel better but it doesn't ever seem to work very well. i truly believe i need professional help, and unfortunately the only help that's available to me is not available until feb. 27th.

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I know school is busy, but get a friend to copy notes for you for a couple classes (or talk to your profs to get extensions if needed) and relax. Sure education is important, but what good is the saw if it's not sharp enough to use?

And you always have people on here to talk with, remember that.

5. razi

razi New Member

is this a seasonal thing, has it happened before?

it sucks but you can pull through it.

6. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

yea i got pretty depressed my freshman year of highschool as well...and on and off throughout highschool, but nothing ever this bad. and yea the weather definitely doesn't help. i live in oklahoma and we've been hit with 2 ice storms since school started again.