SRS Has OT helped your recovery?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mcged, Mar 10, 2004.

1. mcged

mcged Guest

I posted the same type of message in the asylum, so sorry for the repost.

Just in case my posts in the other forums have not been read I will introduce myself really quick. My name is Mark and I am a grad school student at Emerson college in boston. Currently I am in a class studying online communities, and I chose OT as the community that I would study. I understand that the nature of this forum is very serious, and I do not want to belittle that or expose anybody that does not want to be known. All I am curious about it if you have had a problem (dont care what is was) and if OT helped you deal with it? Was OT better than your offline peers? Was OT better than traditional help (social workers, shrinks, etc.)? Any reason to choose OT rather than other avenues? I will only include the information that you want me to include, if that means none, then I will say that userX said "this is..." Feel free to contact me on here or at my e-mail [email protected]

I would like to thank you all in advance for the information that is provided and of course if any of you would like any additional information please contact me.

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I don't have much to hide...

I'm 21 - stopped using drugs / drinking at 19. I had to deal with a lot of crap from people who labelled me as not being an alcoholic or addict.

Since I had already established outside support, this forum has helped, but just in different ways. It's more of a way for me to share with others and help them by giving away what i've gotten.

For those who just need a nudge in the right direction, thats what we're hear for. General support is welcome as well. However - the truth is - this forum is no substitute for a real 12-step meeting. It's like the fitness and nutrition forum. You won't be healthier just from reading the posts, you have to take action.

btw your email address doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.

3. Phish Esq.

Phish Esq. New Member

I agree with nukegoat. You lost your credibility with your email address

4. mcged

mcged Guest

I am not here to judge or be judged on the content, but I understand how I come off, sorry was not thinking when I grabbed the e-mail address. I am just trying to study OT as a whole and this part of the forum is very unique. I am just wondering if OT has helped or not? thanks.