Has Apple Said Anything About MMS (iPhone)?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TALLandNcharge, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

I don't see the reasoning behind the lack of MMS on the iPhone. Has Apple made any kind of official statement on the matter?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

They haven't really said anything publicly about it. From what I've heard employees say, the reason they don't seem to care much is that they see email as being able to replace the need for it. Send an email with a picture to [email protected] instead of MMSing the person the picture. Instead of them sending a picture to your cell phone they send it to your email and you can check it there.

I do agree that MMS can be totally replaced by email but it won't be until everyone has the capability to send email from their phone with the same ease they send MMS messages.

3. TALLandNcharge

Yeah, I've figured out the tricks of sending MMS. But as far as receiving them, it's a pain. If someone e-mails you a picture, can you save it to your iPhone from the e-mail?

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Nope you can't save it to your iPhone from the email. You can keep the email but that's a bit of a pain.

5. TALLandNcharge

See, now that's a pain... damn it Apple, come on. Would a 3rd party app (official SDK style) be able to fix this?

6. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

i would think so

7. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

steve wants to kill mms because it is archaic and expensive.

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

There are already a couple MMS programs for jailbroken iPhones. They allow you to send MMS messages but not receive them.

9. Izze

Izze New Member

That message that you get when you receieve a message is what boggles my mind. It is like go to viewmymessage.com and enter a username and password which both look like hU8dYhwb3ssl

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T THE IPHONE GIVE YOU A LINK TO THE WEBSITE, AND ATLEAST FILL IN THAT BULLSHIT USERNAME/PASSWORD FOR YOU?!!!!?!!!??!!!1!

10. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

the way att sends the message, the iphone doesnt see it as a web address

11. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

On top of that, the website is blocked from the iPhone over EDGE I believe. Plus it means you have to write down the login and pass and then go enter it. To add it all that, the website is down 1/2 the time and the other 1/2 it won't accept your login and pass.

12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

AND on top of all that, you have a different login & password for every single MMS you get instead of just being able to see all your MMS messages with one account/login & password.

13. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

And the part that pisses me off the most about getting them that way is that it resizes the images down to a thumbnail. I can hardly see the boobies when girls send me MMS messages.

14. TALLandNcharge

:cjerk:

15. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

a little off topic, but can you use AIM like programs?

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

There are programs you can install if your phone is jailbroken to use AIM. There are also a number of websites you can login to and use AIM through them.