SRS Has anyone taken lexapro before??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Peanut3, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Peanut3

Peanut3 OT Supporter

I just got prescribed it today for anxiety/depression. I just read a whole bunch of negative shit about it and I'm freaking out, and now I keep yawning and feel nauseous but it might just be in my head. Read a lot about weight gain and obviously I can't afford that. Any experience?

oh and I know it kills sex drive. me and my boy are both on it so it's gonna suck in the bedroom :wtc:

2. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I was only on it for a month so I might not be of much help but I didn't experience any side affects while on it. I just felt kind of gross when I stopped taking it.

3. Peanut3

Peanut3 OT Supporter

I keep reading about all this shit which I shouldn't so I'm scared, I'm also a hypochondriac ahhhhhhhhhhh

4. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

yeah lol, you should probably just give it a chance so you can find out for sure whether or not it is for you.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've never been on it but I have an insane amount of friends on it. Two absolutely love it, even though they both gained crazy weight....the others hate it because it makes them feel like a zombie :sad2:

Everyone is different. I take Zoloft and it's a dream for me.

6. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

SSRI's made me feel like a zombie as well. I had to get the hell off them because they acted like tranq's on me. Of course getting off Lexapro is probably easier than Effexor, due to it being designed later.

7. rockstar b

rockstar b no OT Supporter

I did two tours of duty on it. I hated the drug, but my sex drive was fine. I stopped taking it because it reduced my inhibitions to the point where I may as well have been drunk. I would say and do anything that came to mind. From what my doctor tells me, this is not a usual reaction.

8. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Haha that's awesome.

9. XrRydr

XrRydr New Member

I'm on Celexa right now which is supposed to be very similar to Lexapro. It's not particularly fun when you first get on, but you get past it. Just take it easy at first and it works pretty well for me. After you've adjusted there really isn't any lasting side effects. It was funny, when I first started taking it I feel like sex drive actually went up, and went back to normal after about two weeks. The only thing I find still affects me is I think I get headaches a little more often, especially if you get up too quickly.

10. Icespy

Icespy New Member

I was on it for 3 months. It made me sleepy and more depressed than usual. Though I should say I have severe issues, so it might work better for who it's intended for.

11. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

The irony of antidepressants is that they often cause depression, at least.... temporarily. Not to mention potential suicidal idealization.

12. vizyn

vizyn New Member

I took it for a couple months my senior year of high school. I actually ended up losing a good amount of weight and it didn't affect my sex drive at all.