has anyone put a LCD in their bathroom?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ryan112ryan, May 29, 2006.

1. ryan112ryan

ryan112ryan New Member

i have currently 6 monitors, using 3 of them, i have an extra laptop, all decent, but i can't fetch much on ebay for them (not that i really want to sell them)

has anyone ever put an LCD in the bathroom, would the moisture from the shower fuck it up? its a small bathroom. i was thinking of making a frame and hanging it, show photos, vids, movies etc.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i use my laptop in the bathroom all the time. I've left it in there when I take a shower (display closed) but I don't make a habit of it.

I don't think it would be good long-term.

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

plexiglas and silicone would encase a monitor to make it airtight, there might be a heat issue though. the computer hardware itself would not fair well in a bathroom moisture would cause damage. or you could just use your 3 monitors in the bathroom until they fail seeing as how you have no uses for them

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you have a good bathroom fan, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. You're probably putting a fairly inexpensive LCD in there anyway. Put the case itself under the bathroom sink, and run the cables out from there. No problemo.