Has anyone here done a P.A.R.E test?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ralph, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralph

ralph driver her like you stole her

I'm currently in the process of getting into the police. I just finished the written test and have the P.A.R.E test coming up in a few weeks. I have never done one and was wondering how hard they are. Currently running 3 times a week and the gym 5. Ran 4km in 22 km, not sure if this is good. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

fixed?

3. ralph

ralph driver her like you stole her

what do you mean by fixed?

4. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

:rofl: How do you measure the time of distance you ran with another distance measurement?

5. elysium

elysium New Member

Thinking about becoming a police officer myself here in Canada. I have done the P.R.E.P. test which is the fitness test you need to do to apply to any Ontario police force and it is pretty easy. From what I have heard the PARE is a bit harder but nothing that you can't do if you keep training.

For reference for your running I do 5k in 20 mins and that is not in my best running shape but also not in my worst.

Just get your cardio better and you should have no problem, unless you are really weak you should have no problem with the push/pull or torso bag carry.

Look into doing a practice test, I know we can do those here in Ontario for the PREP because what you will find is that most people are physically capable of doing the test but the don't know all the exact guidelines and rules to follow while doing the test and will get disqualified because of something silly. For example, for the PREP here you have to touch 2 of hte stairs on the way up and then two on the way down and if you don't do that you can be failed.

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:ugh: read what you wrote.

7. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Please don't become a police officer if that confuses you

8. getjacked

getjacked Guest

pretty slow, over 11 minutes a mile

9. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

It depends on what department you're trying to get into. The local PD here makes you run 1.5 miles in under 14min, but the Sheriff just times how fast you can run 500 yards. I'd say if you are running 3X a week and are in decent shape you shouldn't have a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.