SRS Has anyone ever tried St. John's Wort?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Timdog, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Timdog

Timdog New Member

I've been interested in this "natural" depression remedy called St. John's Wort. I don't have any sort of severe depression but am still interested because even "normal" people who take it say they just feel better overall throughout the day (getting my information from erowid). I figured it might be worth a shot to try it but was wondering if any OTers have tried it yet and what their experiences were. I didn't know where to post this but figured this was a good subforum.

2. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Husband took it and I could see a difference in him, so could he.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

usually when people start asking for these kinds of herbs they are already experiencing problems to some level that they are having a hard time dealing with i wonder what kinds of problems are you experiencing in your daily life that deminishes the quality to the extend that you feel that you need to use saint john's root? I ask this because a lot of people grab for symptom supressors anti depressiva rather then problem solvers, if you like to share the story i would like to help you.

4. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Was it a large difference? The thing I like about this is that it seems to not affect you severly like your prescription SSRIs and such.

And no, I don't have any specific problems right now, I'm just a bit drug curious. :coolugh:

5. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

There wasn't a huge difference and life didn't suddenly get better, but it took the edge off this. Instead of blowing up at things because it would piss him off he was able to brush them off a lot easier and just not care enough

6. themolsen

themolsen New Member

St. John's Wort saved me a few years back. Its effects are mild and non-addicting....just enough to help you help yourself.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

alright, but just for the case you are holding back your problems because you feel you don't want to be 'marked' as someone who has problems, nobody here is going to hold it against you and simular whise everyone has issues every now and then so its ok , sometimes things just suck, and nobody wants to show off the dirty laundry to others, in any case work relentlessly hard to resolve your issues before they spin out of hand.