SRS Has anyone ever tried light therapy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Colonel Panic, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I went to a sleep clinic for insomnia and the doctor diagnosed me with seasonal depression. Although I've been on Effexor for the same reason for the past two years, my sleep pattern is whacked.

He prescribed excercise, therapy and light therapy. I could go to his office and sit under a light for free, but it's 40 minutes away. Option B is to buy one. It's $250 but if it works it would be worth every penny.

I live in Ohio where the winter months are dark and dreary.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It works according to the people who had light theraphy that i know about, it brought them back into becoming normal functioning people. I live in a dark place too (hence the name darketernal :sad2: ) and my teacher said that there are some people who are better off moving out and live in southern sunny area's. Depression and suicide as a result are not uncommon, so yes it works but it might be a hassle to be under a light constantly.Buy a light, that way you can be at home instead of at his office. Its a special light that mimics the sun light instead of ordinairy bulb light as you are probably used to.

3. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Thanks.

The Dr. said 20 minutes a day should do it. I do the daily crossword puzzle every morning and he said that doing it under that light would be perfect.

Thankfully today is sunny and I have errands to run.