Has anyone ever switched from Orthotricyclen to Alesse?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nora, May 14, 2006.

1. Nora

Nora New Member

As title states, I'd like to hear your input. Things like libido, acne, side effects, etc. I'm considering the move due to side effects with ortho.

Please and thanks :wavey:

2. Chittenden

Chittenden New Member

I switched 3 months ago to Alesse from Orthotricyclen. I feel less side effects i am guessing bc it has less hormones.

3. tinkan

tinkan ot pilot crew

what ortho side effects are you experiencing?

4. Nora

Nora New Member

I've been on Ortho for years, but I'm feeling more side effects now than I ever have before. I've got pretty standard side effects, moodiness, loss of sex drive, bad headaches when i'm on my 'sugar pill' week. It sucks, and since Alesse has a lower dose, I'm seriously considering switching. The skin clearing properties of Ortho are important to me as well, so does Alesse work similarly?

It's good to hear that some people have switched over and have less side effects.

5. asugrl

asugrl New Member

wait, so side effects can jist pop up after a few years of hardly any? Cuz Iv'e been on ortho for 3 years, and last summer I basically woke up one day (after I'd switched to a different generic brand that I'd been on) and my eyes wer eso dry I could no longer wear contacts. I switched back after like 3 months b/c I heard switching medications/brands could make your eyes dry, but they';re still really dry. Maybe it's partly from the bc? Idk, cuz if other people suddenly start feeling side effects years later it makes me think that's possible...