Has anyone ever gotten back with their EX

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by August Burns, Oct 26, 2006.

1. August Burns

August Burns New Member

after you have broken up, have you ever started dating again, and actually had it work this time?

2. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

bad idea...always

3. August Burns

August Burns New Member

yea thats what i figured

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Yes and I ended up marrying him. We've been together almost 9 years and have been married for close to 6.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeh, but it just drew out the inevitable.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

its not always a bad thing .... if its a short term break up

7. August Burns

August Burns New Member

yea since may, but we hung out in the summer, but now we go to seperate schools.

8. August Burns

August Burns New Member

good for you, thats encouraging for me

9. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

yeah...i took my time before i made the decision and set some ground rules before jumping back into it. i don't regret it, it's been amazing and i've never been happier...i hope he's the one, but you never know.

10. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

Yes. I had broken up with my boyfriend, but then after a few months we decided to get back together. We talked about getting back together and set up rules etc and how we'd like to make this time around better for each other and better in general. We've been very happy since. And we are much more open..we can be like "shut up, youre annoying" and know the other wont really have their feelings hurt, its just conveying your thoughts. We are much better off now. In many relationships, I think that sort of thing might improve the relationship.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I would never due it. :dunno: It seems to work for others, so obviously I cant say never do it, but personally I never go back to ex's.

I think its a personal thing. I see it as bad news just because there is a reason you split up. It also shows you cant make it through tough times, and personally I wouldnt every have full trust in a relationship with someone that has ended before and then restarted.

12. Two toys

Two toys New Member

but you are assuming it ended under bad circumstances.

for my girlfriend and I we ended it because of the distance (3 hours) between us, but after being apart for a little while we decided we wanted to be back together. but then again, my heart isn't in it as much as it used to be.

13. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I believe that this is one of those situational things. Could go good or bad. My last SO and I were on and off for a month, and just coulndt do it anymore. I personally wouldn't, but again it's up to you. I honestly believe that it only ends in heartache.

14. quamen

quamen New Member

what about if the guy pushed her away because of work issues and always made her a second priority. then she slept back with her ex bf for one night. bet you still wouldnt get back together.

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Actually, I wasnt assuming it ended bad. You ended it because you couldnt keep the relationship together while being physically apart. What does that say for the future? Next time something stressful like distance comes up are you just going to split again? I am not being cynical, thats just how I would see the circumstances.

I have ended almost every relationship I have had on a great note. Good friends with most of them that are still around. Just would never date them again, no matter what the reason for the breakup.

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

A month into getting back together . . . so far better than ever . . . those of us saying it that getting back seemed to work might be flukes (and I know I am way too early to say it worked)

17. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I say an EX is usually an EX for a good reason.

18. Bisexualatina86

Bisexualatina86 New Member

Yes I have, and well we broke up because he cheated on me ALOT. So I broke up with him, but eventually being stupid I took him back. I ended up having to fight this ho when I found them grinding at my friends party. People next door called 5 0, and I almost got arrested and all this other shit. So basically I say taking back exes isn't a good idea.:eek3:

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:ugh: How about stay away from cheaters? Not everybody seperates because of a cheating SO.

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

:hsugh: its not always that simple, and you know this.

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I've experienced it :mamoru: :o but the general rule is that if someone cheats on you, they'll probably do it again. Why take them back and open yourself up to that heartache again?

22. Bisexualatina86

Yeah, but they do however separate for a reason

23. Bisexualatina86

Because when you're in love with someone, you make excuses for that person in your mind. And you convince yourself to take them back

24. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

BTDT

25. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I did this past summer. We broke up back in December of 04, didn't talk for a year and a half. Started talking again, things progressed, and we got back together.

We're not together anymore though. Is it because of the same reason we broke up the first time? Partially. I just flat out treated her like shit. I took my anger and stress out on her. I did just enough to keep the relationship and never went above and beyond. I told her I cared, but didn't take the time to show it. We're still talking and everything, but we're just kind of playing the waiting game right now. I'm in counseling for a few issues and we want to see where that takes me. She still really cares for me, she's just scared of getting into it right away because she's afraid of me doing the same things. And she's more hesitant now than ever because there's love involved.