GUN Has anyone else had a thought like this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Jul 24, 2008.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

So I was watching scare tactics with with some friends earlier in the week. You know the type of show, a friend and/or family member sets up a person on a hidden camera show and something scary happens and then it is good TV. Anyways I assume that I am like most of you in that not all of my friends and family know that I carry. So the episode I am watching had the friend who was in on the prank getting stabbed in the stomach by a "insane" hitch hiker. And the victim of the prank just starts punching the actor in the back as hard as he car repeatedly.

All I can think, while I am watching this, is that if my buddy had pulled over and picked up a hitch hiker and gotten stabbed while I was in the back seat the actor would have been dead before anyone would have had time to explain the situation. Granted there generally is some escalation that could warranted unholstering.

It was just a scary thought that I would have killed someone because of sophomoric prank, it I was on that show. Anyone else ever had a thought like that when watching a TV show like that?

2. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I have had this thought too

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

It would suck but if the actor is going to take a 'prank' that far for a lame TV show, you better beware of the possible consequences.

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Jackass 2 with the guy from supertroopers playing a cabbie... I'd start shooting from the trunk

5. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

My apartment maintenance guy learned yesterday that knocking and announcing himself before coming up the stairs is a very, very good idea.

It was also very disturbing when he said "you're usually not home at this time of day"

Thank god I'm leaving in about a week.

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

yeah apartment maintenance can be sketchy, the last one I lived at would at least knock about 3 seconds before opening the door. I kept a shirt and gym shorts by the bed, because they would always come when I was sleeping in and they would be in the apartment before I was out of bed.

Since I moved out I live with someone who is smart enough to announce themselves when they come in (especially at night) since they know there is a loaded weapon within arms reach of my side of the bed and shotty not too far off. The down side is all the "maintenance" management pretended to do I now actually have to do myself.

7. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Did that guy get a good look at the Sig?

8. McCroskey

yeah, jackass will probably come steal it now.

on another note, my ceiling is still rotting away.

9. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

honestly, i think all my friends know i carry. and i think all of my friends carry as well. i don't have a ton of friends anymore like i did in college, but the ones i have are VERY close.

besides, it's not like guns are a hobby to me. they are a lifestyle, and it's very hard to hide a lifestyle...

10. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Yep, and it's a little scary to think that something like that may happen as the result of a prank.

11. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

My freinds know better than that but the serivice guy at my old aparment allmost got shot for comeing in without knocking. He went botching to the company that ran the complex abut it before all was sead and done he got fired.

12. McCroskey

I have a poor safe that's not bolted down (moving in a week and a half). But I'm also working from home for the time being and almost never leave the apartment so odds are if he returns I'll know.

His nextel beepy phone went a long way towards helping him since the other maintenance guy beeped him as he entered my stairwell. The situation went from "oh hell my door just opened downstairs" to "oh, maintenance guy just wandered in"

13. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.9) VZW:SCH-i760 PPC 240x320)

also, you live out in the sticks, right? no retarded local laws that prohibit carrying and people around you that respect this practice, and probably carry themselves FTW