Has anybody ever used eHarmony?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Maffy29, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

A friend of mine recommended it to me to assist in meeting people. She tried it out of bordem one night. She said she had met a better quality of guy through the site. I would like to meet some different ladies, so I thought I would give it a try. Almost fell asleep filling out that personality profile (took more than a period of a hockey game). So basically what I'm asking is has anybody here tried it and what have your impressions and results been? Is it worth $60 to be able to contact people further? I meet people just fine out in public, but maybe this might help to skip all the ones I wouldn't get along with.

2. One Ton Soup

One Ton Soup New Member

You have to understand something about eharmony. It is extremely different from all the other sites completely.

With match.com and other sites like yahoo personals, you can roam through the archives and look up other profiles, IM the person and initiate contact.

With eharmony, you answer a very extensive, and I do mean EXTENSIVE profile questionaire that's about 8 or 9 pages long(roughly 150 questions).

What eharmony prides itself on is the fact that they have an extensive amount of data on you to determine whether someone is right for you. Therefore, your answer would have to match someone else's. Do not expect to hear from eharmony too often. My profile has been up since around april of 05, and I think I have received 6 or 7 notices of "matches found."

With match.com, you can control your own pace and talk to women at leisure, with eharmony you'll be waiting a long time and it's extremely serious(almost like you found the one after waiting so long and the women are more than likely prepared for marriage).

Good luck. :bigthumb:

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Thanks for the info. I know the matches will be few and far between. I'm cool with that as they seem to be better quality of girls. There have been a few in my area (within 100 miles) and two have requested to begin communication with me. I'm just torn about spending the money.

I've met a variety girls from Match.com, Hot or Not, Myspace and Face The Jury with mostly poor results.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: eharmony still says I have zero matches :hs:

5. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I tried to. But after feeling out pages and pages of questions. They told me something along the lines of "Our service is noght right for u at this time".:rofl:

6. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

Also note that the person on the other end of the communication has to be a subscriber to even reply. Both people have to pay up that fucking outrageous price for a lame service to just reply to a message.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I tried it. It was nuts. I spent $$$ and wasted so much time sitting in front of my computer it was crazy.

We went out last night and I flirted with the waitress, she was cool, so I got her number.

That's a LOT easier than their 12-year personality profile. Of all the online dating sites, their's seems to be for the most desperate folks.

8. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Haha, I got bored and did their stupid personality profile one night. It told me that I was in the 20% of people they could not match. Probably because I like my men to be at least 15 years older than me and I am childfree. Well NO SHIT they're not going ot have anyone to match up with me! :rofl:

That site is matching people based on what most people want. People in their age3 range and people that want to settle down and have a family. No thanks.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: The age thing isn't much of an issue for me; but I definitely don't want kids. The biggest problem is that I have interests that not many women would have in common with me, so what I'm searching for is really kind of specific.

10. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Same here. I always thought that most guys didn't really care either way about having kids. Lately I've been comign across guys who have the "baby rabies". I don't get it.

Anyways, it's no longer an issue for me, I got "snipped" at age 26 so no guy can try to talk me into having kids. Best decision I ever made.

11. 8====D~

8====D~ New Member

This thread is 3 years old, but I'm curious if anybody has used Eharmony recently with any success?

12. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Does Match.com have any people closer to my age? (20) I doubt it, but maybe

13. BigC

BigC New Member

14. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I am currently on match.com and have a few thoughts

- Most people are 21+ as they are out of college and either are having trouble meeting people or have relocated.
    -It's like a meat market. You can be considered a "match" 100%, read their profile and it seems like you 2 are made in heaven for each other, and then you get a denial, ok whatever, but even worse
    -You can't tell who has a subscription or not. It seems eager to email a girl your real email address or s/n immediately, but at the same time, you don't know who has a subscription and who can reply to your emails.
    -People don't use it like they are supposed to. There is a nice "no thanks" button where you just let someone know you are not interested with no questions asked, too bad 99% of people don't use that feature and you never hear a "no thanks" from them.
    -I would say 65% of my "matches" haven't logged in in the past 3 weeks, kinda makes it tough.

Would I spend the $35 again? Probably not

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

stick with the free sites. eHarmony has to be the worst, imo...you fill out pages and pages of questions, then maybe get 1 or 2 matches if you're lucky.

But guess what? You can't see their pictures or even contact them unless you're willing to shell out $50-$60 for one month.

If you just want to find people to meet, try plentyoffish or OKCupid. Those are the ones I have had the most luck on for meeting people.

16. Kasumi Chan

Kasumi Chan Happy, joyous and free. But fuck off.

Every time I tried Eharmony it always came up with absolutely zero matches for me, every fucking time.

17. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

free sites work best...but most people just look to fuck...but i found my bf on OKCupid

better than POF imo

18. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

my brother me a couple really cute girls on eharmony

a couple friends were on OKCupid and it was just people jerking each others chain and never meeting up

19. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I just signed up on okcupid for the hell of it. Seems interesting

20. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I tried e-harmony a couple months ago to see what the hype was about some friend said I needed to try it so I did. And yes it is an extensive questioner to fill out. I filled out all the info, some of it was in a hurry responses but I haven't messed with it since then. From nov till now I have probably 90+ matches in my inbox from e-harmony. I probably should look into it more

21. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Did you pay for it yet? If not I would say 89 of those matches are fake

22. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Nope, not yet. I won't disagree with you I am sure they are fake. I been meaning to get around to it but just slacking I guess. :hsd: Funny thing happened not to long ago I seen this match pop up in my inbox and her name and interests and all that other jazz are the same as this girl that I currently like only two differences, age was off by one and she was int he next town over that was listed on her profile. :noes:

23. 8====D~

8====D~ New Member

wow this site is awesome!

gonna try out that OKcupid as well

24. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I've received emails from 5 people on match.com in 2 1/2 weeks

I've received emails from 4 people in 8 hours on www.pof.com

The quality is even the same.

25. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

If they dont match you in X amount of months, dont you get your money back and they keep looking?

I know some people who have been rejected from eHarmony. They were seriously answering the questions as a joke to find out who they would be matched with. It was probably because he said his income was so low and his partner's income was extremely important. :rofl: