hardware setup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuOD, Jan 10, 2005.

1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

using winxp pro.

in my device manager I have several objects that keep trying to install themselves but they don't exist.

I disabled my FDD in bios because i think my mb has onboard fdd controller or something so that stopped appearing. but even before I had an A: with no floppy drive

I have a benq dvd burner but when I am in windows it's recognized as an atapi, (has latest firmware) BUT there is also a generic DVD rom drive? (I have to disable it)

I have an HID compliant mouse connected but I also have my mx510 installed.

How do I fix these problems? I disabled my serial and parallel ports already

I have disabled them all already but I just wanted to remove them and figure out why it's detecting these things? Also wanted to get the dvd player recognized as Benq

edit: I just realised the second dvd player is dtools so nevermind that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not all optical drives are made by the company who's name is on the box. For that reason, they're not all gonna say what you expect. For example, I bought a Cendyne dvd-rw drive a while back, and low-and-behold, my systems says it's a Pioneer 105. And if you hold the drives side-by-side, sure-enough, it's identical to the Pioneer.

Have you installed your chipset drivers? you're having way to many problems with this box.

3. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Yep I've installed the chipset drivers. They're not actually "problems" per se, because everything is working fine. I just want to make everything nice and tidy. I think part of the problem is I just used the optimized bios settings which required me to disable RAID etc.