hardest HITTING subs for around 150 (pair)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tommyortom, Feb 23, 2004.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

what would you recommend to me for the hardest HITTING subs for around 150 for both?...ive been looking at 12" kicker comp vr's or power acoustik FUBR's....i really dont need super high quality bass...if i turn the bass down it sounds fine to me....ill be getting a new amp between 1200-1600 watts max...2 channel or mono....im gonna want DVC subs....dosnt matter what diameter either

2. 04

04 Guest

What about getting 1 higher level 15" woofer? http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/tempest.htm

You could get a Tempest for 150 dollars. Also, why exactly do you need DVC woofers? And if you are looking for the hardest hitting, you are going to want to get the largest diameter woofers you can get.

3. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

i know i'm goin to get flamed for this but try kenwood's 10s dvc 600watts..i had those in my limited cash days and they did the job. they're under 150, dvc(good choice) and 600peak but rms was 150 yet i powered it with a JBL bp1200.1...it's no JL or such but gets the job done.

u were asking for ur car right?

4. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

gona get really flamed for this...but the pioneer IMPP's dont sound bad at all for the cost, they are like 30 bucks a piece from CMT on ebay. Dont take any power to get loud, and they really dont sound bad at all, but it is a budget sub. Im talking about the grey cone with the six braces on the cone.