hard drive help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LaJoo, Dec 4, 2003.

1. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

I bought a 250gb digital western hard drive and it only reads 127gb. How do i fix this?

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

you have to run their software, and i think you have to use a controller card too.

3. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

the disk that came with the hard drive that has a tool..

RTFM .. it will tell you exactly what to do.

if that doesnt work then you probably need to get a IDE controller card

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

What OS are you running? As said before, you need to run the doftware that came with the drive for the system to recognize the drive as it's full size.

You can also use a controller card, but they are a real pain when installing Windows. If you are installing windows on the drive, you'll need the CD there too to make a floppy with the drivers for the controller card when you install windows (the F6 option on setup).

I have mine (160 gig Maxtor) without a controller card as a slave drive in my PC. It works fine, but I had to use the software that came with it to set it up.

HTH.

5. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

Thanks everyone I found out the problem was that i needed a controller card.

6. Mirrorlure7M

Mirrorlure7M OT Supporter

and when you get a controller card make sure you install all the updates I know for my IDE card there is a update that when ever you use a 120gig HD or larger you must install the update.. Or it will not work..