Hard drive fix Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jrwfz5, Oct 19, 2004.

1. jrwfz5

jrwfz5 New Member

Ok I pulled out my 160gig maxtor the other day, being careful not to drop or bump the thing, but I set it on a fleese jacket and the next thing the hd wouldnt work. I think that the static fucked it up, but is there any way to get the data or hd working again. Services or comp places do that kind of service?? please help!!

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

What happens when you put the drive in a computer? Does it power on, just not display, computer not turn on?

Static will kill computer components but I've never seen it myself and I'm not always in a clean room.

Let me know.

3. percent

percent deluded

Yes, please describe what you mean by "wouldn't work."

4. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

I handle all kinds of memory, PCI cards, and hard drives with my bare hands and have never had any of it zap out.

Sure you didn't bend a pin or anything?

5. jrwfz5

jrwfz5 New Member

Well what happends when I turn it on it is like it is not even there. I mean I look in the startup and when it used to show a slave drive it shows nothing. The drive has power and you can hear it spinning. The pins are nice and strait. I had to change the jumper settings on my main drive to primary only, b/c when it was on primary w/ slave present it gives me an error which I forgot the exact error. I was really careful w/ it unless i bumped it acidentlly. Its either that or static, which Ive never heard of that fucking up a drive before