GUN :happysad:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shiva Chaos, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

happysad. ineed more money
    [​IMG]

2. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

happysad. youneed new job.

My 'betrothed' wrote down details last night on a few of the guns I want. I think maybe she's christmas shopping :wiggle:

I think the best deals on there are the M&P pistol and the shotgun one. Aactually after looking they tell you the value price....Too bad they're lying about the fucking Sigma:mamoru:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

happysad. it's what's for breakfast.

4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Why don't they have any deals on Jframes? That's what I really want.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:rofl: at trying to dump Sigmas :rofl:

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i kept laughing at that too.

"buy anything and we'll GIVE you a sigma!"

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When they drop them down to $49 I'll takem up on one of these deals for when they have the next gun buy back.

8. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Sigmas are not really bad guns. I've shot a friend's .40S&W, it performed flawlessly. Not the highest class gun, but they work.

M&P deal sounds awesome.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I wish it was a M&P.... but I'm already looking at a AR-15 from S&W, so might as well get the sigma and sell it privately.

10. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

You will really like the rifle. I have one, and cannot say enough good things about it. I have found one or two magazines that were a little tight in the magwell, but all the Colt branded or manufactured mags fit perfectly, which is what I like to use anyway. The fit and finish is really good, the upper to lower "play" is almost non-existent, much better than most non-custom AR's. It shoots very well. I had a gunsmith friend smooth out the trigger, but not lighten it, and now I am 100% content with it (I wasn't far from that when I bought it).

My advice would be to buy the combo. You might like the Sigma, I wouldn't pass it over until you have checked it out. Even if you don't like it, you can get way more than $99 for one somewhere.

11. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I already have a Glock 22, and that satisfys my .40S&W needs. I'm probably gonna pick up a 9mm glock, and then go for a nice 2011 for 45ACP (or maybe glock 21 -- or maybe both, lol) If I end up getting the Sigma it would be with the intention of a 2nd gun to let people use at the range, or to possibly sell privately and earn a little back.

But I'm looking at a bolt-action and semi-auto carbine for my immediate purchases. Although I was considering a M700 in 30-06... I think I've changed to getting a M38 for cheap and then the S&W MP15T, because it can all be done for under $1000, and I'd get two rifles. Really the only thing holding me back is do I really want to dump the money before Christmas? And then the MP15T is pretty much gonna happen, just a matter of now or January -- but ammo availability seems hard to come by on the Mosin... I don't much fancy surplus ammo, honestly, and I'd prefer an easy supply of new factory loads that are easy to find. .223 obviously has that covered. And I'm thinking a more expensive bolt-action in .308 may be a better choice for ammo availability.

12. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

.308 is your friend. I have one and really like the availability and price of ammo. I reload both .308 and 7.62x54R, so I have a supply of both. As long as you are diligent about cleaning the rifle correctly (key word here), corrosively-primed ammo is not too hard to deal with. I have an M44 that has a shiny mirror-like bore, and it was never re-arsenal-ed. The outside looks like hell, so it got used.

13. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Too bad they don't have any deals for J frames since I'm planning on picking one up.

14. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Sigmas are absolute crap.

15. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Well I clean my guns VERY well after every trip to the range. But someone said that even a quick drive home would wreak havock on a M38 with surplus ammo... So I've got cold feet about it.

16. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

If you clean it within the day you will be fine. There are a few "home-remedies" for corrosive ammo out there, most work very well. Water is one way, although then you are introducing water to metal. I find old military bore cleaner works best, but can be somewhat difficult to find. If you can find anything with nitro-benzine in it you can do the job, but apparently they stopped putting it into cleaning products because it is a carcinogen. I've been told Windex with ammonia works well, just follow normal barrel cleaning after it, and run an oiled patch down the bore through the chamber when you are done with all the cleaning. I would say, get a cleaning solution designed to clean black powder guns. Black powder residue is essentially corrosive primer residue on steroids. It can be had at some firearms chains, or bought on the internet. Run an oiled patch down the bore after any corrosive residue cleaning.

17. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:rofl:

that is complete bullshit. corrosive ammo doesn't take effect instantly. When I take my mosin to the range, I just throw it in the car once it is cool again, drive home, windex and soapy water the barrel and bolt face, and put it in the cabinet. I haven't had any problems with it, or noticed any pitting or corrosion.

18. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

my procedure is Windex the bore + bolt face (also cleans them, which is nice), then run hot soapy water down the barrel, rinse out with hot water for a little bit, then pull a bore snake through with some oil or CLP on the end.

19. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Werd

20. GTP

GTP New Member

if i drive 30 mins to the range that should still be ok if i clean it as soon as i get home?

21. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

Im in the market for a .22......how it's the 22a?

22. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Yes, don't believe anyone else that tells you otherwise.

23. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Dude, it's a myth. Me and some buddies put over 2k rounds of corrosive surplus through a krink and it's never been cleaned...no rust.

If you're really concerned about it, spray WD-40 over all the parts in contact with the gas when you're done at the range. All the corrosive ammo has is salts which attract moisture which the WD-40 will keep away.

I've shot corrosive 5.45, 7.62x54, 7.62x39 and even after a week or so sitting in my closet, no rust.

24. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

you could probably clean the next day and have it not be a problem. Personally, I get it done when I get home from the range, just because otherwise I will forget to :o

25. GTP

GTP New Member

Well the thing is, all the ammo i buy is corrosive, steel-cased, because its cheaper :) , so it's good to hear i dont have to make a mess at the range cleaning before I go home heh.