LGBT ::: Happy Thanksgiving! :::

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Nov 25, 2004.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

:wavey: Thought I'd get an early start on this thread. What's everyone doing for the holiday?

I'm gonna head over to the gym early since it closes at 2. Then it's off to my friend's house to chill/cook/eat/drink. Should be good times.

I dunno about shopping on Friday though...I've been in Union Sq. in SF the day after TG, and it was a pretty insane experience.:hsugh:

2. theoriginal_og

theoriginal_og 6-9 mobsta, still servin' imposters

3. cedric

nope. Santa Clara. I went to SF just to hang out one TG. It was pretty funny, because the women's stores were packed, but the men's stores were pretty empty...except for a few gay couples here and there. ;)

4. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving :wavey:

I plan on watching the football games on t.v. and eating at my parent's house. As for Friday, I havent checked out any of the advertisements to see if it is worth venturing out on the busiest shopping day of the year. Last year was my first time ever shopping on black friday and it wasn't that bad of an experience.

5. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Going south to eat at the parents place and possibly to get a haircut and hangout with Matt.

6. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee today with a friend, picking my mother up from the airport, then mid-day I'm heading down to the Jersey Shore to have dinner by my brother...

:love:

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

im thankful my parents are giving me 100 bucks in a few weeks for my birthday, all of which will probably go to changin the damn lock at my dorm cause i lost my keys last night

"What happens if I lose my room key? Lost keys are a serious concern. A lost key not only impacts the safety of the person who lost the key but the safety of roommates, future residents, and conference participants. We take our resident's security very seriously. If a lock change is necessary, a $100 replacement fee is assessed. Because this is such a serious matter, no reasoning is likely to excuse you from the $100 charge - and we have heard some creative attempts!"

8. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

At my parent's house with a splitting headache and a bad mood.:hsugh:

Tomorrow I'm heading up to meet Taylor and we are going to a party in PA. That should be fun. At least I can drink again :dunno:

9. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Worked till 7am today, off now, catch a few hours of sleep, then back to work at 10pm. This morning was hell, too many customers destroyed my area during the day, I expect it to be about the same tonight. :(

Going to hit up Circuit City after 7 tomorrow. Early Christmas presents for me. :big grin:

10. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

whoever created thanksgiving is the dumbest fuck in this whole world

11. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I'm fucking fabulous.
    I'll elaborate l8tr....after I get sleep.

And PS, thanks for the Holiday IM Edmond. :kiss: right back at ya...

12. CoCo

Okay, now that I’m up, lemme explain my last couple of days. Hmm… Last week I find out that my mother had told my family that I was hosting, cooking, and financing Thanksgiving this year. It wouldn’t have been a problem, except that she had been saying this all month and no one had told me anything. I was over my grandmother’s house and ran into my cousin, who then asked me what time she should come. I looked at her like she was crazy.

A phone call to my mother later, I learned that I was to host this spectacular ‘event’. Yes, she said ‘event’ (“I thought all you gays just luv these events…it will give you a chance to flex those gay muscles for the family”…didn’t just a month ago she tell me that my ‘sexual preference’ was a sin, and she will pray for me so that I don’t ‘burn in hell, as harshly’??) Anyway, if everyone was coming over to my place and expecting this big thing, I had to give them what they wanted [I’m always one to please a crowd…].

Menu:
    -18 pounds of peppercorn & pear roasted turkey [I had to purchase 3 turkeys, and have the butcher debone them, tight-tying the white meat around the dark meat].

-5 pounds of ham, glazed in grated oranges, mango, honey, and mango rum.

-3 pounds of southern styled cream corn [baked, sweet, and thick].

-4 pounds of southern styled string beans [cooked in a bacon onion gravy with mushrooms].

-5 pounds of creamy baked macaroni & cheese.

-1.5 pounds of carrots, glazed in a brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.

-2 pounds of yams, candied in pralines.

-2 pounds of broccoli salad with NY Sharp Cheddar and hickory turkey bacon [recipe that I stole from Ferron, and that my family luvs].

-A ‘horn of plenty’ that I filled with freshly baked yeast rolls…4 pans worth

-A pyramid that I erected of chocolate chunk cookies…5 sheets worth.

-Half a pound of milk chocolate covered walnuts, sprinkled with white chocolate shaving.

-Cracker trey: Ritz crackers with my spinach/artichoke/cream cheese dip, and three ‘regular’ cheese dips (NY Sharp Cheddar, NY Sharp Cheddar that I mixed with port, and Swiss that I mixed with diced pieces of that before mentioned hickory turkey bacon).

-CoCo Puffs [this thing I created where I make croissant dough, and instead of rolling it into croissants, I fill it with chicken, smoked guda, and sweet onions…brush with egg wash, fold up, and bake]

-skewered chicken in a mango rum mumbo glaze

-2 pumpkin cheesecakes, one with and one without a Kailua, Amaretto, & Egg Nogg topping.

-Pumpkin bread with a light cream cheese drizzle.

I started cooking at 7pm on Wednesday, and finished at 6:15pm on Thursday, with people scheduled to start arriving at 6:30. Luckily, they have a percentage of black in them and where late enough that I could shower and dress, like the nice host. My mom arrived first, promptly at 6:45 with 5 pounds of potatoes salad—that I refused to make (and coincidently, no one touched with all the wonderful stuff that I already made).:mamoru:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  13. cedric

Wow, that's messed up. Not that she ever would, but if my mom every pulled a stunt like that on me, she'd get an earfull :nono:. I give you credit for putting a meal like that together though. One of my buddies did all the cooking for us, and it turned out to be a pretty spectactular yet traditional feast. Ahh the advantages of having a friend who's educated in the culinary arts.:bigthumb:

14. spiffy_badrock

I got a kind-of shock when I got to the 'rents place for Thanksgiving dinner. Since dad's a cop, he invited anyone on duty (in the town) over for dinner. Apparently, the food for the station was leftovers from the Jail, so one minute peace + quiet, the next 9 hungry cops outside the front door.

15. CoCo

It was funny because she kept making these comments, like,"Yea, my son is a way better cook than me...when it comes to making all of these fancy things"... That's why I tailored so many of the dishes to traditional southern soul items, to shut her up. Prior to my 'culinary coming out', she was the best cook around. And I helped her every year... But then I started cooking for my grandmother, and word got out that I know what I'm doing in a kitchen.

Deep down inside, I have this suspicion that she was trying to set me up to fail. But the jokes on her, everyone was impressed. I've actually gotten phone calls from people who took food with them--it's gone, and they wanna swing by and get some more today.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  16. CoCo

I wanna say that pie is really easy to make, buuuut the crust can be tedious (little things, like, your hands can't be warm). But I've seen those unrollable pie crust things, so you could try that...although I don't know if they are any good or not. :hs:

17. CoCo

...that's potentially hot. :coolugh:

:mamoru: I hope one of them brought the lube, if not, that's just bad etiquette.

18. spiffy_badrock

Lets just say, most were over 40 or over 325. So CoCo, ewww.

19. CoCo

:eek4: uhh, there was a 325 year old cop at your gathering? :mamoru: He would deserve to get off just because...

20. CoCo

:mamoru: potentially...

21. Ferron

:eek4:
    Was it the police calling in response to your grandmother's disappearance?

22. CoCo

:mamoru: ...BAM, I corrected it prior to your posting this.

...thanks for telling me. ;)

23. Ferron

Only because I told you first. Can I get some thigh? :rofl:

24. CoCo

...yes. Mine or hers?

25. Ferron

Is that light or dark meat? :eek3: