Happy and scared at the same time.. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by IgnitionGSR, Mar 25, 2005.

1. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

Well, I met this girl about 6 weeks ago at this place I volunteer once a week. Since the first time I saw her I couldn't get my eyes off of her.

About 2 weeks ago we started talking online. I tried to get her to use the phone, but she said shes too shy for that. That's cool with me. We kinda talked and she was pretty straight forward about hooking up and stuff. She would ask me personal questions and just try to get to know me.

She would also tell me how she can't sleep at night due to thinking about me, last night when we saw each other for the first time after talking about getting together and stuff, she told me that she was never that shy in her life, and just things like that.

Well everything looks good right? I shouldn't be worring right?
    I still am!! I got hurt so many times this year I think I lost a lot of trust in girls.

In the past I had similar situations where everything seemed great and out of the blue, they just want to be friends and blah blah....

She is a very busy person and she told me that its why she doesn't have a boyfriend right now. I was thinking, why the hell are you talking about getting with me then lol :hsugh:

^ problem #1 (which might not even be a problem, she might make the time to see me if she likes me so much)

Starting next fall shes going to a college 300 miles away. I am not sure how that is going to work, and that scares me too.

^ Problem #2

We are not going out right now, but that will most likely change. I am just scared, really scared of getting hurt again,, becuase I feel different towards her, i feel a lot stronger then i ever did towards any girl.

:sadwavey: I'll be glad to give you any more details that I might have left out, just ask. I just need help on how to handle this.

btw - we are both 18.

2. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

Don't get too into it if you do start going out with her. When she goes to school, she'll be gone.

TRUTH

3. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

well its not like shes going across the country, its like a 5 hour drive, and shes a good jewsih girl so i am not worried about her cheating on me or something like that ya know..

4. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

No man, not to be an asshole, but when shes goen to school, shes gone.

5. Atheist

Atheist oh, hi OT Supporter

Yeah, seriously, I wouldnt worry about keeping things going when she splits that'll be the end of it. But there is plenty of time between now and then, give her a whirl!

Get things going as fast as you can to avoid friendzone

6. Carby

Carby New Member

Dont waste your time with a long distance relationship because then your really going to get hurt....they never work....so if you think you can deal with just having some fun with her while she's here and not falling completely head over heals then go for it...if not..dont waste your time

7. booxbooxkittie

booxbooxkittie New Member

That is not always true...my guy and I were together while I was at school--he was a lil over 100 miles away and I hardly ever got to see him...all my girlfriends are the same way...if she really likes the guy she will stay...if she is that into him as it sounds...I would go for it.

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

i am also going to be one of the probably few who support you. My so and I met at school (still going to school) 3 hours apart. We at the moment permantely live that far apart. We have been making the long distance part of our relationship work for about 10 months now, seeing each other about once ever 6-8 weeks. So if you want to I would say go for it. Just remember it takes a whole lot more work and trust than if you are constantly seeing that person I believe.

9. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

take it day by day... dont turn away just because shes leaving in the fall.. thats 6 months away.

10. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

yeah, I guess we'll see where things go... For now we are not even going out, but probably will soon. Too bad she is busier then the president!! gee!!

11. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

I don't know... These feelings are new to me, i never felt like this towards any girl before. It's much more deep and insane. But I am being too paranoid I think. I got hurt too many times in the last year, and I think I have some serious trust issues with girls, but I can't show her that. On the other hand I annoy the hell out of myself with thoughts, doubts, and worries... I really need help.

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Bookmarked for future ownage. (Just kidding.)

13. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

we kinda set up a date tomorrow, but shes gonna call me and see what up in the early afternoon. If it goes through, which i think it will, it will be our first date.. :-D I'll see how things go.

Today was also the first time we talked on the phone :x:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  14. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

had a feeling something was gonna happen... She told me she got 2 hours of sleep and lost her voice so she doesnt think its a good day to do anything...

15. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Did she at least call you on time? Raincheck!

16. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

looks like its over...She told me last night that she doesnt think shes got time for a relationship right now. She also said that what's the point of starting something that will end soon, meaning once she goes to college becuase she doesn't want to be attached while shes there....

What I don't understand is why she should me all that interest and raised my hopes, but that's a different problem.

Here we go again, lets take out some more credit from my "Girl-Trust" bank. :squint: :rolleyes:

17. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

It's a typical doube standard they try to use. Don't let her; tell her that her comments about thinking about you alone at night were inappropriate if she wasn't interested in you.

18. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Just because she's busy doesn't mean she isn't looking for a relationship. Maybe she's just trying to let you know that she won't be able to devote as much time to you as you may be looking for right off the bat. And about the whole distance thing, it is true that in the majority of cases, it doesn't work. That's not to say that it can't, however. Currently, my SO and I go to school about 4 hours apart, but we make it work. It just requires a lot of trust and conversing over the internet, which it sounds like you're already pretty good at. It sounds like you really like her, and that's the first step to making any relationship work. And fear of rejection is in almost everyone's mind when getting into a relationship, it's just a risk we have to take. Honestly, the feeling of a potentially rewarding relationship outweighs that feeling of hurt. I think you should go for it. At the very worst, you'll have a great few months, and then when it comes time to deal with the college issue, deal with it. Have an amazing time with her until then.

19. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

Yeah, I'll see if i can get ahold of her... She didn't really talk to me last night, so we didn't resolve anything. Thanks for the help guys!

20. low20

low20 Member

dont do it...speaking from personal xp. when she leaves, all hell will break loose and you will wish you just remained friends from the beinning since you will then hate her after that.

21. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

yeah it would probably be wiser to not start anything knowing it will be long distance pretty soon, but it could work if she wanted it to.