hanging speakers from picture hanging rail or wireless speakers.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by [DWI], Oct 24, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Basically I just moved, and I'm setting up my surround sound once again. I got to thinking there must be a better way so set this up. I've got a sony surround sound system that is a couple years old (I can dig up the model number somewhere, maybe find the manual if need be, if for some reason that helps.) but you basic corded variety surround sound. Anyways its wood floors and no real rugs and I don't want to put holes in the walls to hide wires, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a system that simply hooks up just like the wires normally would and broadcasts to a wireless station. I don't need fully wireless, as in I can easily plug most of them into a wall outlet and conceal to cord behind a piece of furniture.

There is a second route I could take. The house has picture hanging rail in the room I want to set this up. For those of you who don't know its basically a piece of molding you can slip a hook on and hang a picture from a string (or fishing line) without having to put holes in the wall. So this rail runs around the whole room and provides a way to hide the wires once I get them up one wall. Rather than having wires hanging from the ceiling and speakers sitting on tables I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or had any tips on how to hang them easily?