Hanging Clean Press Form Q

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TXLBS, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Ok, the clean portion of this lift I have down, but when it comes to pressing at the end, should I be exerting upward force on the bar while on my way up from the squat, or wait until I'm all the way up? I find I can lift more and do more reps when I start pushing up while on the way up from the squat, but I know easier isn't necessarily better.

If thats unclear I can try to rephrase.

2. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

15 views, and no replies? Does nobody do this exercize?

3. edmang

edmang New Member

4. Grouch

Grouch Guest

press after you have finishe the clean. or just do a jerk.

5. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I used to do them on the way upwards, moreso like a push press

6. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Thanks for the link. Not sure I could find the info I was looking for in there, but lots of info nonetheless. :bigthumb:

7. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

ooh, never thought of that. I'm not especially familiar with oly lifts, just stumbled upon the clean, watched a few form vids and started adding modifications. :hs:

8. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Yah thats how I'm doing it right now. It seems like I can add more volume this way, and I get more sore in the places that I'm trying to work (traps).

9. edmang

edmang New Member

Progression for Jerk

Once the snatch and clean have been taught, the jerk is quite easy to learn, as it combines a few of the techniques from the former two exercises.

One begins in the catch position of the clean; the bar is on the shoulders and the elbows are held high. The finish of the jerk is an overhead position similar to the snatch. How the bar gets from the shoulders to overhead is a little different. Moving the hips back and simultaneously bending the knees creates a pre-stretch of the hip and knee extensors to initiate the movement. The athlete then violently jumps up and moves the feet out while the bar is traveling overhead. The athlete should imagine punching his hands into the bar to finish in an overhead position. A helpful cue for the jerk is to “dip & drive;” the dip is short and fast, and facilitates the drive portion of the lift. The keys to the dip are to make sure the heels stay flat and the hips move slightly back to engage the glutes.

[​IMG]

Note: On all the lifts the feet and bar should hit at the same time during the catch.
    (i.e. snatch & jerk: feet land at the same time the arms are straight and overhead; clean: bar hits shoulders at the same time the feet land)

http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=14&a=5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.