GUN halp me WMD

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NEp8ntballer, Nov 7, 2007.

1. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

Hey, I'm doing a paper on gun control and how it isn't effective and I can't find some stuff from way back when. I need an article that I can cite on:

How many more times would the VT shooter have to reload if there was a ban on high capacity mags

and

the case where the officer was firing on a suspect at less than five feet and missed until the suspect stepped into his line of fire.

thanks WMD. I can't remember where I found these, but maybe one of you all can give me a hand

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

im sure your university's library has access to lots of journals. go into one of those and search for gun control, i guarantee that you'll find stuff

i got 3-4 journal studies about gun control for my psychology paper :wavey:

4. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

See if your school has a subscription to JSTOR. You should be able to find all kinds of articles there.

http://www.jstor.org/

You can go to the site there, but won't be able to search. You'll have to ask your librarian how to access it. (Will probably have to be from on campus)

Good luck.

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Look up "Defensive Gun Use" by Marc Gertz and Gary Kleck.

6. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I appreciate the info, but I'm looking for those two articles. One was on VT and how many more times Cho would have had to reload if there was a ban on high capacity magazine, and another article on the cop that was shooting at a suspect from less than five feet and missed until the suspect moved into the cop's line of fire.

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

:werd:

Gun was a liberal trying to statistically prove guns are bad. Only to come across the opposite results.

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The easiest way to cite the reloading issue is going to be to go and find some proposed law or a ban that has lapsed on hi-capacity magazines, from that law you should be able to read what they define as a high capacity magazine and what the ban would have declared as legal. Then from the news stories of VT you should be able to cite how many times he actually fired and how many magazines that were "high-capacity" he used. Then its simple math to figure out how many times he had to "reload" a if there was a change in the legality of the magazine and their size. I would make it clear in your argument that Cho had purchased multiple magazines in advance and thus loaded them in advance. A change in magazine capacity would have meant he carried more magazines. He more than likely did not "reload" a single magazine during the shooting, he simple swapped an empty magazine for a preloaded magazine and either thumbed the slide release or racked the slide.

As for the police shooting at 5 feet I'm not sure.

That should at least give you a direction to look in. What caliber sources do you need news articles or scientific journals? Exact text of laws and legal definitions?

9. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I don't really care. it needs to be varied though. I have stuff from a bunch of different things. one is from the BBC, another is a link to a news site that has the 2k5 firearm discharge report for the NYPD on it. the rest are journals. I also have an article on the japanese mayor that was assasinated, some stuff about england's fucked up laws, and a few things about how californias laws are pretty wierd. I also have the two letters Ronnie Barrett sent out when Cali was and did ban .50 BMGs.