Halp - Macbook shutting off. :noes:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by aCab, Aug 22, 2008.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

So, the past three days, my macbook has been shutting off. It appears that while the computer is plugged in to a wall outlet and running, the battery is charging. Then when the battery is fully charged, the computer switches over to battery power until the battery is completely dead and the computer shuts off. Then I have to let is sit and try and reboot it about 20 times until it finally reboots.

The thing is - all of this happens without me know. The light on my battery charger indicates that the battery is full right until the thing shuts off. The battery icon shows the battery as fully charged and running off of AC power. When is dies, the battery indicator light on the battery doesn't even light up the battery is so dead.

What should I do? I've lost lots of work already because this has happened 3 times already. I don't even get a low battery warning. It just shuts off.

2. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

If you have an Apple store nearby, I would bring it in and see if they can replace the power cord that sound like it might be the problem... but thats just a guess :dunno: