Half-Assed the G35 with Vanilla Moose

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by El Slotho, Jun 4, 2004.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

The results were much better than expected. The G35 hasn't seen one inch of product or love since it was driven off the lot as it spends most of its time at a Boston Park N Fly near Logan airport. IT is one of those things where I didn't like to think of the deplorable condition of the paint on this 10,000 mile car. :sad2: I was sitting around today with exactly an hour and a half to spare before I had to leave for an evening meeting, and decided to try a quick "One-Step" detail on the thing.

I washed it twice. Then I saw I had an extra yellow pad laying around that I hadn't used, so I decided to try it with a generous application of Vanilla Moose. In the end I probably ran over the car at least three times, using the last 1/4 bottle of VM, trying to really work the VM into the paint with the PC set on 5, until there was only a slight haze on the silver finish that wiped off very easily. All told, it took me just under the hour and a half to complete.

Now I have always been of the mind that final detailing results are contingent upon how much prep time is given at the first stages of a multi-layered/product detail, and that "the less time you put in, the less shine you get out," but the results the G35 results were kind of a joke. The paint felt smooooooth, the car looked soaking wet, and the reflections - this is where I was honestly shocked - were out of this world for a silver car.

Small pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks even better in person. I don't know how it came out this well, but I think it was the combo of the moderately abrasive yellow pad, coupled with the slickness of VM and the fact that I really worked the stuff in well, that yielded such satisfactory results. I am going to top with S100 tomorrow, and call it a day. :big grin:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It looks so good because VM kicks ass. I almost always use it as my final glaze before waxing. I really liked it by had and love it by PC/polishing pad/speed on 6.

That G35 really turned out amazing? :bowdown:

3. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

it looks very comfortable to drive :)

4. El Slotho

Thanks Scott! I agreed 100%. Vanilla Moose is some ass-kicking stuff, and I still can't believe that it also treats black moldings AND is great on windows! :bigthumb:

5. Benson

Benson Guest

easily my first choice of next vehicle, same color too

6. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

wow

you own a g35c too?

came out nice

7. El Slotho

To make a long story short, my father keeps it at my house for the times during the month when he is up here. Being semi-retired, he lives in South Carolina, but his business is here in Massachusetts and he refuses to rent a car for the times he is up here - hence the G35C, as he has always been an Infiniti fan. I would love to say it is mine, but it isn't. :)

8. El Slotho

Yesterday was EX-P Day. :big grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]