Hairstyle advice for a straight guy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Falconer, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Hey, I just realized how much fashion talk goes on in here.

I'm a 25 year old guy, but my hairline is receding in the front. Think like Nicolas Cage, except I'm blonde:

[​IMG]

This started happening toward the end of college. I wear my hair short, and usually put gel in it in the morning (same as everyone else, I know). My hair is on average about 1" long on top and blended down or whatever on the sides and back with a #2 guard on the clippers at the barber.

So tell me, should I just shave it? I don't want to be the 25 year old balding guy. I also don't want to be the bald headed white guy who looks like a giant thumb. I'm fair skinned and I don't have a goatee. lol.

So, is this ok for a 25 year old? My GFs have never really seemed to mind (altho they crack jokes at me about it sometimes), but I'm very self conscious about it. I wish I had a nice hairline that went straight across. I'd post a pic but I don't have any on this computer.

I'm not balding in the back or anything; it's just receding in the front.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah, baldness runs in my family.

I've heard of some sexual side-effects from using Minoxidil so I'm hesitant to try it.

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Ill take a dozen. :coolugh:

5. Brill

Brill New Member

Buck Futter!

6. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

haha damn dude, you just described the current state of affairs for my hairline.

I am 29 now and the shit just keeps creeping back. I keep my hair a little longer so I can hide it right now but when I look at my uncle and his hairline (we have the exact same hairline pattern and "history" ie when it started falling out) I know that in the next 5 to 10 years I will have to get it cut shorter and figure something out about a nice style.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Anyone use Rogaine?

8. FastCat

FastCat New Member

Post a pic... and not of Nic Cage.. of you.. and I will work my homo magic and try to give you a solution :)

9. sholnay

sholnay New Member

do it.

fastcat is gooooood.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Sorry it's blurry. Steady hand camera skills > me.

I don't like my face on the internet, but you can see my pointy hairline here.

[​IMG]

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It doesn't help that I have nerve damage in my right hand from playing guitar for years.

That's my right hand holding the camera. Everything gets reversed in the mirror.

So. Hairstyle advice?

12. FastCat

FastCat New Member

OK due to your thinning hair I would recommend you switch to NIOXIN hair products. I have seen it have results in some people regrow hair.. It won't give you a full head of hair, but it will clean out your pores and should help your thinning situation some or at a minimum slow the thinning rate. NOW.. Nioxin products are in a higher bracket for hair products ($20 a bottle for shampoo and conditioner - $15 for gel).

Get you hair cut shorter on the sides and top.. Due to your hairline I would suggest a forward style styling technique; if you were to comb side to side it could make your thinning look worse. If you do have one side that is thicker than the other you could always comb to the side slightly which will give the appearance of a thicker hair line. You could also try getting highlights in your hair which would add depth to your hair; I would suggest one shade lighter than your own natural highlights.

You may also want to make sure your eyebrows are neatly trimmed... this will draw attention away from your hairline and more towards your face :)

Hope this has been helpful :)

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I just took the survey at Nioxin's website and it says I need system 2. But I didn't read anything about it actually regrowing hair...

14. SnipeThemIraqis

SnipeThemIraqis New Member

Terrorists, Fascists and Nazis are ANTI-GUN
  15. FastCat

FastCat New Member

Wow... Never heard that one before... :rolleyes:

16. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

now everyone, lets welcome the lurker. I am sure he has been searching around here for some time and this is his way of saying hi!

So class, everyone please welcome SnipeThemIraqis to the Closet.
    :wavey:

On a more serious note... have you thought on shaving it off. I know a few guys that are in your same situation and they just went all bald. Imo it is very nice on some guys.

17. 2500

2500 Guest

bosley clinic, i'll be there as soon as i can afford to, lol