LGBT Hair secrets... post yours

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by seventh circle, Jan 20, 2005.

1. A lot of people always ask me how I get really spikey hair. Some of you have seen my pic and know what I'm talking about. So I figured I would just write them down for everyone.

I imagine most of you have short hair and something like LA Looks hold 5 is good enough. But for those with longer hair who want to get spikey this will be good for you.

I use several products. DEP sculpting clay (stronger than fiber and $3.99), Glu, and jello... yes jello.

Glu is $6, Dep is $4, and Jello is $.99

If you want nice clean spikes I would go with the Dep. Do not wet your hair, go in perfect dry and get about a nice amont (size of a quarter and a 1/4 of an inch high) run it through your hair as if you are slicking it back but not very hard, then gently bring it up and with your two fingers start making spikes. You can clump them together or make individual ones. Work fast though guys cause this stuff is like cement.

With the Jello you mkae a messier spike because it not as strong as Dep. Jello works great for that ad mohawks. The clubbing scene in Chicago is starting to become a little more punk so mohawks are in. what you do is buy unflavoured jello. You pour water into the mix and boil it or nuke it. Make sure it's not boiling hot when it gets into your hair cause that will hurt :o . It will be sticky but you can work it longer than Dep or Glu.

Glu is your basic paste hair gel. Just like Ice but $6 cheaper. It's not as strong as Dep. You can also create nice clean spikes or messy. I also like to run some water through my hair and the lightly dry it to make it kinda damp. Take about the same amount as the dep. Run it through your hair as if you were slicking it back, then bring it up again and form your spikes. If you want a nice shine then sprey some hair sprey when you are finished.

Guys with curly hair, don't fret, go to your local walgreens or walmart and pick up a mens straightner. Read the directions on how to warm it up, then starting from the back straighten your hair. pick up a clump, apply the straightner from bottom to top. and work your way forward.

As for dying... The hot color right now is pearl black.

Hope that helps. Post some of your tips.

2. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Thanks! I suck with hair, but I use anything from gel to pomade to wax to style it. Definitely gonna try this out though.

3. surrender

surrender [ON MEDS]

Thanks for this thread :) However, I have a question:

I have moderately long hair ( http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/sanantonio.jpg ), which is very thick and straight according to the girl at supercuts. I can comb it somewhat, but it gets out of shape within a few minutes. Is there anything I can use to make sure my hair holds, but won't make it shiny or greasy-looking?

4. hair sprey and but make sure it's not in one of those aerosol sprey cans. look for ones that say they are natural. like sauve. it should come in one of those clear bottles and have the sprey where you have to press it each time to get some out.

you might also want to blow dry right after you do that.

for your hair, i would part it to one side and take a flattening iron and just and make it so your hair comes down at an angle over your head. not very much so you look like a chick, but enough so that it comes over your head. use some hair sprey then blow dry a but under.

check out www.gq.com, click on fashion, and heck out how some of the models have their hair styled this season. long hair is pretty popular

5. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

Hey, I have a sort of question here.

Well, I have been using hair gel (mostly Loreal) on and off from time to time depending on my hair length.

When it was short I use it more often, but now that its longer and no longer thicker like before, its starting to bug me on what hair product (gel or mold, or whtever) is best for me. I heard BedHead is the best, but am not sure which one to get.

If anyone can help me out here, it would be great. I'm not looking to spike my hair, but just to sorta make it stay in place, cause now tht ive stopped using gel, the wind kinda blows it everywhere, and it even stopped staing in place to the extent that it keeps on falling over my eyes during lectures when i need to see lol.

I don't have a pic, but will try to get one up. My length is like almost shoulder length, and i do have some thickness to it.......i was on a crazy thinning spree last year as i thought of what it would be like thin.........stupid me now i wish it were thicker.

Also, I'm a guy.

6. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Easy chick trick. Rinse your hair under really cold water at the end of your shower. It'll make your hair shinier.

7. logan

logan vacantskies

There are bad hair genes and mmm mmm I'm glad I don't have them.

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I bought some "glue" tonite. It comes in a container shaped like Elmer's glue. :mamoru:

9. try the jello

10. is it in a yellow container?

11. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

Im gonna try to get some jello this weekend, but i was wondering if u knew what the best product from bedhead is for hair styling and long holding. Think Peter Gallgher hir style. Thts me ! (not literally)

12. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Mach 3 Power razor and shaving cream.

13. XxRicanxX

XxRicanxX New Member

I have pretty thick hair and it is fairly short. Any tips for spiky/messy look?

14. dank

dank fuck yeah

i have hair similar to yours i think... i use american crew fiber, which is like a pomade but a bit thicker. after a shower (hair is somewhat wet still) i put a small amount in my hands, and rub together until evenly coating my hands. then i just rub it into my hair (starting at the front, as thats always flipped up), trying to get it evenly across my head. i pull the hair pretty much straight up, then gently push it down for the messy look. it seems hard to get the exact same look consistently. if anyone else has alternate techniques for this style im all ears.