LGBT Hair question...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Fox800, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Fox800

Fox800 Fear Boner OT Supporter

Hey guys. I recently decided that I wanted to try something new and decided to get highlights for a more "in the sun" look. I've been using DEP gel to spike my hair straight up for about 2 years now, and I want to try something different. I put the gel on my hair when it is wet, right after I get out of the shower. My hair doesn't seem to want to style any way but straight up. I'd like to make it messier. Also, spiking it straight up makes my hair look darker than its natural color, defeating the purpose of the highlights. Someone told me I need to use pomade. Would I use that on wet or dry hair to make it look messy?

Thanks for any help...:bigthumb:

2. boiwunder

boiwunder New Member

well, one technique would be to towel dry your hair until it is only slightly damp, put pomade/wax/fiber product in your hair, and then towel your hair to a messier look. I dunno what brands you are willing to buy, or how much you want to spend but some decent products in a variety of prices are...

American Crew - Fiber - <$13.00
    Garnier Fructis - Surf Hair Texture Paste - <$4.00
    TIGI S Factor - Creamy Molding Wax - <$25.00
    TIGI Bed Head - Mastermind - <$18.00
    TIGI Bed Head - Manipulator - <$18.00
    Farouque Systems - Badazz Stuff - ~$20.00

All of these products will get you the desired effect, personally I swear by tigi products. They always get my hair to do what ever I please. When you go to your hair stylist, ask them how to use the product you choose and they will be happy to show you.

3. qwop

qwop underground pirate OT Supporter

Don't know which of these they'll have in the US (I'm English) but I have a faux hawk most of the time but can easily adapt to the 'messy' look.

As boiwunder says, towel dry your hair before applying - or run a gel through your hair and then another after it's dried.

Garnier Fructis and V05 are the two lines I predominantly use - surf hair, in particular is excellent from Garnier and V05 has a moulding range which won various FHM awards - that's mint too. And they have a gel / wax which is useful to run through wet hair and then style later.

4. Bella

Bella New Member

Karestase nacre is really really good!

5. joy division

joy division New Member

I would take bellas advice. She has fancy hair.

6. sholnay

sholnay New Member

true story