LGBT Hair dying question (for the meteros)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Biomechanoid, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

all right, I'm asking a "beauty" question finally :hs:

I want to highlight my hair in the same style as brad pit has in ocean's 11. is there a way I could do this myself at home? I really don't feel like spending $65 at a salon just for some hair coloring.

2. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

From a females prospective...who highlights her own hair. Don't buy the box stuff @ Eckerd/Walmart/Walgreens. Just go to a Sallys Beauty Salon and buy the developer (ask the lady on duty which # to buy...mine's always blue) and then buy the Kalidiscopes (ask her where to find it, as well). Follow instructions. Works wonders. If I was @ home, I would post a pic of my hair for you to see.

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...exactly! A lady calls in her Gay Glam and Primp Squad (GGAPS)!! Stereotypes aside, everyone knows a queer beautician... Call in a favor, because if you don't, you'll be paying $60+ for the same thing that he/we/they can do for $7.50, some aluminum foil, and some good old fashioned gossip time! :bigthumb:

4. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

:rofl:

the only friend I have that does hair styling well moved back down to ft. lauderdale, so I'm on my own for when I want to try something new :hs:

but I'll definately check out Sally's

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...ok, so you need to Recruit More GGAPS--like, as soon as possible!!! I mean, we may not be able to reproduce naturally (yet), but we sure as hell can naturally reproduce some damn hair and make-up styles!!!

6. TXGuy8406

TXGuy8406 Guest

I agree, unless you have experimented with these kits before I don't suggest do it yourself, if you mess it up your screwed and you have to go to the salon and have it fixed or you end up dying it one solid color to cover up the mess ups....... go for the long run and let a profesional do it:)

7. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

worse comes to worse I'll dye my hair black again; got lots of compliments the 1st time I did that. (it gives my hair a bronze shimmer over the black with the stuff I got before)

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Hm. I bought this beach blonding stuff last summer. It's like a gel, put it in on dry hair and blow dry it. Lightens it each time you use it a little. Worked well. Very hard to mess up. In the past 4 years I dyed my hair a lot. After going blonde it was bright red. Bright red to dark red. Dark red to blue. Definitely stay away from Herbal Essences, that stuff is...potent.

I think I'm done dying my hair. I use the blow dry beach blond stuff just to lighten my hair a little after I get it cut. Pretty spiffy stuff.