LGBT Hair dilemma, need help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by crod242, Jul 5, 2005.

1. crod242

crod242 New Member

So I was at the store a few months ago with my gf when she was buying hair color and I thought, hmm, I wonder how my hair would look darker, so I picked up some "temporary" hair dye in dark brown/black and thought I'd try it out. Since the packaging says it comes out in 28 washes anyway, I figured I didn't have much to lose. Well, it didn't wash out after many more than 28 washes and I was getting bored with the color so I tried to buy some light brown/medium blonde color and restore it to my original shade. That did nothing except to dye my roots a shiny, vibrant brown color and leave all of the black the same. Now my hair has grown out some more and I have three colors: the natural color, the brown and the black growing out in that order. What options do I have to fix this? Can a salon bleach my whole head and then put in a new color on top of that or will the black resist any treatment that I try and have done except just cutting it off and going short for summer? Is there a way to fix this at home inexpensively or is spending $100+ at Toni and Guy going to be my only option?

2. Levin

Levin Guest

buzz time.

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

You could bleach it out and go blonde for a while.

I'd be hesitant to bleach it out and then dye over that, but its your hair. Mine wouldn't respond well to all the color and chemicals.

I was considering dying mine black again though :hs:

4. Team503

Team503 Guest

Cut it off?

5. crod242

crod242 New Member

Black isn't a bad color, just make sure you have somewhat of a tan or it looks weird. When I didn't get out in the sun for a week or two people were mistaking me for Azrael from Goth Talk. Overall it looks alright though, I just have a lot of brown and dark blue in my wardrobe and it sorta clashes with a lot of stuff I wear.

I have fairly wavy hair and the bleaching/dying process was actually recommended to me by my stylist the last time I got a cut because she said the damage would straighten out my hair and make it look better (then again, maybe she just wanted to charge me for two color treatments). But that was before the DIY dye job I have now. Would it still be possible to bleach it now then, even over the current dye? I tested a light blonde color kit (again, from the supermarket) on a strand of my hair after the brown failed and it did nothing at all.

6. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Yes, bleaching and then coloring will give you the extact color of whatever you put in