SRS hair cutting problem/obssessed?how to break

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quamen, Nov 2, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I just think it is so unusual maybe for myself to be in the barbers chair every 10 days or so getting a haircut. I always try to keep a nice fade, but I was wondering is this a problem or some kind of disease I have? I mean i would never say it, but I dont think that many people actually get their haircut everyweek. I guess im just trying to find out if this is a problem or or obsession about hair that maybe i dont know about. I do spend alot of money on that pesonal grooming, but i always feel like i look different and usually feel better after a fresh cut.

2. kakariko

kakariko Purple Member OT Supporter

don't worry about it.. everyone feels better with a fresh cut and if you can afford to do it every 10 days then more power to you.. there's nothing wrong with good personal grooming :hs:

3. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

hmm ...

well does your personal grooming extend to the rest of your body??

also, do you have excess cash lying around, is that why you have reached this extent??

4. kinyo7600

kinyo7600 The Swiss Magician :noes: OT Supporter

Nothing wrong trying to keep groomed and to look good! I have the same problem. :cool:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It means you are unconfident with the way you look.

Going to the barber every 10 days well, you might have noticed that the barber can't do much with it (cutting whise) , your just basically filling the barbers pocket and your hair isn't improving much. I goto the barber every 6 weeks. Now say you goto the barber every 5 weeks would be more then enough, what gave you this obsession in the first place anyway?

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Very true. If this is the least of your obsessions you are in good shape my friend.

7. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks

thanks everyone for the replies. As to this reply, i really dont know what gave me this. It was since I was young enough to remember asking my mom to take me to the barber. So it was like ever since I was 10 or so, I always wanted to get my haircut and keep it short. It wasnt always about being neat either, Its just one of those things I can stand to have is long hair. And people say it isnt long, but to me it is. Also the comment when you do have long hair, you dont have to go to the barber as much. But when short hair starts to grow in, it does look sloppy very quickly. No im not like this with the rest of my body or with looking nice with clothes either. All i know is that I always like to have a fresh cut. I tried to grow it before and the furthest I got was like 3 months and I got it chopped off.

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

I don't see any problem with this as long as you're not equally anal about all things in your life. If you can't ever stand to have things out of order, ever, to the point that it causes you pain or mental agony... that's when you should investigate.

9. Fearan

Fearan Guest

My girlfriend fixes my hair every 10 to 12 days. Keeps the costs of haircut down, and is fun.

My hair needs to be up to military standard though. :o

10. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah i wish i could find a girl who could cut hair for cheap, save me 80 a month or so. oh yeah im not that anal about anything else, except my vehicles i like to keep them clean.

11. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah i was thinking about this, remember the good old flobee deal that would work lol

12. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

I think most people are somewhat unsatisfied with their appearance, so it's not really abnormal. I agree with Darketernal in that cutting your hair so frequently probably wont really make that much of a difference except in your mind.

You may actually have a MILD form of OCD, if you feel that you "have" to get it cut.

13. AshLee

AshLee New Member

i used to work in a salon and there were guys that came in every week to get their hair touched up. i dont think its some disease or anything there are just people that like it a certain way and when its not like that they dont like it.

14. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Back in HS when I had longer hair, I got haircuts every 2-3 months. But now that I have very short hair, I have to get it cut every 2-3 weeks. I've gotten used to it being short, so when the sides start to get grow out a bit, it's time to get a cut. I couldn't ever go back to having longer hair now. If you are used to having really short hair, you almost have to get it cut every few weeks to keep it like that.

15. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well for me its the money that counts his 80 a month versus my 15 dollar every 6 weeks :sad2:

I think that indeed you just have to repeat a cycle in your mind for some reason. Growing it long for 3 months is exaggerated, but just 5 to 6 weeks, why not?

We have to agree that its nothing serious ,no damage is done to anyone. Its just a twist in your mind that you have to rewire.

Instead of going to the barber each week or so, start calculating. Lets say you've been to the barber on saterday, now grab yourself a calender and start calculating 5 weeks from now, another appointment with the barber.

And just forget about your hair in the meanwhile. Start living life and be HAPPY how your hair is. Saves yourself a dime too.

16. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah good advice pertaining to both sides, and yeah almost 100 a year or so wouldnt be bad to save. Yeah im going to try to extend to 2 weeks or so, lets see if it happens lol. But yeah I tried long hair as wel, and it wasnt even long but annoying. I think certain types of hair can be grown long and work fine,but not mine. IT is so damn thick and to make it worse I get to many grays when it grows in and im only 23.

17. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

uncontrollable urges = ocd.