Hail Damage

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Big'Un, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Big'Un

Big'Un "Just once i would like to dine at an American pin

okay, this fuckin blows....i bought my car 1 1/2 weeks ago on a sunday. its not perfect but it WAS dent free for the most part. Well i got it home, cleaned it up, and then 2 hours later we got golfball size hail (im in peoria, az, and thats not supposed to happen)Now i have hundreds of small dents all over the car. I tried a plunger and it didnt work...do u guys know any tricks i could try to get these mo'fo's out? Seriously, it looks like someone sat on my roof for a day and threw marbles at my car.
    thanks

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Two words: BODY. SHOP.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Dry ice may work. Cool the areas with dry ice then hit them with a heat gun. That is what a dentless repair place would do. Some will probably just pop out, but probably not all of them.

Sucks. I had a Celica that got nailed with baseball sized hail about 8 years ago. Looked like someone took a bat to my car. Even worse, about 8 miles west of me, the hail was softball size. One car dealership had to total every car that was outside.

4. two words. NEW SKINS

honestly ABSOLUTELY NO BODY SHOP will get it dentless/dingless/ripple'less without charging you 100,000,000,000.00 seriously. You're better off buying new skins and having a body shop put em on and paint that bish.

in reguard to the no body shop will...statement: no body shop will be able to get the car to new condition with out charging you a LARGE sum of $$$. you think its just banging out a ding, but there is A LOT!!!! of work for just removing (and making it factory-new) one small ding. and often with many ding/dent removels comes ripples...i know.

(sorry if this post doesnt make and gramerical sence. i just typed as it popped into my head:))

5. inline4

inline4 turn that frown upside down

your insurance company could probably total the car out.

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:doh: I totally forgot about insurance. How come you don't just claim it?

7. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

if i were you, i'd file a claim with insurance. it's an act of nature and shouldn't greatly affect your premium. last summer i had left my car parked at one of my friends house while i was out of town... a storm hit and a tree limb (!!!) fell on my car, left a giant dent on my bumper, rear quarterpanel, passenger side fender, cracked a taillight, etc. it was horrible. i called my insurance company, filed a claim... my premium didn't change. in fact, when renewal time came, it actually dropped.... however, i now have a mystery dent on my rear driver's side wheelwell :(