COMIC Haibane Renmei

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Homan, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

Just finished watching this, 13 eps, from the creator of Lain.

here is a pretty good site for those who want more info http://sweet-akari.net/haibane/

"Based on a doujinshi manga by Yoshitoshi ABe, Haibane Renmei ("Charcoal Feather Federation") follows the story of a girl named Rakka, beginning with her dream of falling through the sky and her subsequent birth out of a large cocoon. Rakka is a Haibane; she looks like a normal girl except for a halo and a pair of vestigial ash-grey wings. No one truly knows what the Haibane are. When they are born, they remember nothing of their previous life, and even their names come from the dream they had while in the cocoon ('Rakka,' for example, means 'falling' or 'descent'). "

I find it fairly good, anime quality is solid, the pacing is kinda slow and I got a little bored but the concept and execution is done very well. Most sites gave this a fairly high rating.

2. KwKouki

KwKouki New Member

I only have the 1st dvd (got the box with it) and so far I like it. I havent seen an anime like it though. Its not your typical anime. No hack and slash, no mecha, ect but a very solid storyline. I REALLY like the music. As for the artwork, there is no denying its ABe

Like I said, I only have the first dvd (sam goodys drags ass when it comes to anime) but my favortie part is where Rakka grew her wings. The whole sequence gave me goosebumps. ABe has great attention to detail, from the opening on the back of the clothes (for the wings) to the static the halo creates (if you pay real close attention, it happens to every character with short hair) Very nice and I recommend this to any anime-freak

3. tom3

tom3 ...

i couldn't agree with you more. it's kinda nice to have a different type of series to watch.

4. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

yeah its appears to be so mellow and then the scene with the wings i was like DAYUM :eek3:

5. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

BT Links?