Had To Exchange My iPod Classic Today

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OakleyTodd, Sep 14, 2007.

1. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

I bought a 160gb silver classic from the Apple Store yestrday. While playing with it lastnight, I notice that the click wheel seemed a bit weird. It didnt seem to be centered correctly. You could see a slight gap at the bottom. When I would click the menu button, you could feel it slightly catch the edge of the case, then it would click.

So on my way to a customers today, I stop by the Apple Store intending to get an easy exchange. I go in the store, and sure enough the demo units are fine. So I hit up one of the girls, and she takes it to the back. After a few minutes she comes back. She tells me that the tech said that some of the iPods are just put together that way :ugh2:.

So after telling her that I was a new Apple customer and I had expected more from their product and the service from a company with such a good rep, she agreed to exchange it for me.

Guess I just expected them to be like, "OMG, let us get that less than perfect product out of the world!" Just didnt think I was going to have to argue with them.

2. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

What the fuck? It's a 14 day return policy anyways you coulda smeared that fucker in shit and given it back.

3. nehmia

nehmia New Member

the girl probably had no idea what to do. and the tech guy was a lazy piece of shit thinking you had the knowledge of said girl.

lousy employees ftl

4. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

I'm sure it's an isolated experience, and I'm not going to let it ruin my thoughts about Apple products for now.